All reviews clean rooms across the street great location would stay here again stayed here for nights kitchenette furniture sleep rates patio
Reviewed June 12, 2016

Our group of 15 stayed at the Black Sea while celebrating my 50th Birthday. All the staff at this motel were friendly, professional and eager to make every stage of our booking pleasant and easy. They were very patient with our large group and all of us intend to book with them again!

Room Tip: 2 lake view rooms at the front of the hotel have a lovely grassy space Great place to enjoy breakfast, the view and people walking by.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank samoanmoon
Reviewed September 22, 2015

Of course the best thing about this motel is that it is directly on the beach and priced well for the location. The next best thing is the service. The people running this motel live right on the premises and are extremely friendly and patient. My friend and I stayed there this past weekend and were very happy with their service and attentiveness. We had a lot of little requests we came to bug them for (needed a wine opener, band aids, and we locked ourselves out of the room at least three separate times). They were very patient and friendly with each request. On our first day there, we put the sign on our doorknob that said "please make up the room" before we left to do some activities during the day. When we came back we were disappointed to see that the room had not been attended to, but shortly after one of the owners came over to tell us that their housekeeping worker called in sick that day and asked us if we needed anything housekeeping-wise and was quick to attend to our requests.

I would have to say that the service and location made this stay really good despite our disappointment in the room itself. Upon arrival, we were unhappy with the small size of the room (but in all fairness, it appears that all booking sites for this hotel state exactly the square footage! so I knew that before booking) but that wasn't a big deal. It was fine for just two people. We had a two bedroom queen bed suite and while each bedroom was small, it was not cramped or uncomfortable by any means. Everything was clean and in good condition, with the exception of two of the glass cups provided in the room. They looked dirty and smudged, but the other cups looked very clean. I saw another recent review that said they also had dirty cups so I'm wondering if maybe whoever cleaned them just needs to work on their technique because it was just two cups, and again the other four were fine and clean (there were six cups in total, two coffee mugs, two glass cups of one style, and two glass cups of another style).

I would definitely stay here again if it is the best priced option. If I were to book again and there was another motel also on the beach for the same or very similar price, I may try that just to see if the rooms are a little newer or bigger. but if not I'd be happy with staying here again. It felt safe and was clean and was right on the beach, and of course the service from the owners made it feel very welcoming and home-like! If you like newer and bigger rooms and that is very important to you, this might not be for you. But if you aren't picky about those things and value location, service, and saving money, definitely stay here!

Room Tip: No particular direct views of the beach due to all room locations, but can see the beach and water from the patios.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank beachluvr123
Reviewed September 9, 2015 via mobile

Just cross the street you are on the beach . Very clean place and close to everything . We had water view room with our table in the garden .. Very nice owners and very clean place . We have been going there for the last three years . Always be back

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2015

Location, location, location at the Black Sea,.
its an old style strip single level motel, its been updated somewhat, but the the one thing we found was...clean, really clean rooms.
The beds a little on hard side, and living room area furniture could do with a freshen up, but overall I was surprised its way better than first impression when you drive in.
Bonus, not just a small fridge, but one with a decent size top freezer, and a full kitchen, not just a microwave.

Room Tip: ask for room on east side of motel, there are bars on the west side, so there is a little bit of noise (not late night)
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2015 via mobile

Room was incredibly over priced. There was dirty glasses in the room. We woke up and had a coffee pot but no coffee in our room. Host was rude at check in and throughout stay. Rooms are very old and poorly renovated. Need I go on. Stay elsewhere if u can.

Stayed: July 2015