All reviews great location year after year skateboard park within walking distance across the street cleaning staff skaha lake kitchenette pool summer float bbqs balconies stove lakeshore
Reviewed September 6, 2017

I was a bit iffy pulling up to this motel after a drive along Lakeshore. We found out our booking through Expedia was cancelled due to a declined card and we did not get any kind of notification. I had to click on my confirmation email and then click 'View my Itinerary' to see it was cancelled which surprised me for Expedia. Thankfully they had a room for us anyway and it was the same room and same price as we had booked. Upon walking in to the room I was pleasantly surprised. It looks like most of the room has been recently redone! Nice hardwood flooring, new bathroom fixtures and a great, comfy bed. Especially loved chatting with the proprietor at reception.

Room tip: We liked being on the second floor, rooms overlooking the pool are a bit noisy.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2017

A perfect motel in Penticton in the right spot next the channel and the strip . Very clean and the maids are great and honest . Best thing about motel is the people , Nick and Renu ,Wendy ,are so warm and accommodating , just love them , this is the best place to stay .

Room tip: rooms by pool are reserved yearly , testament to great spot , older hotel , but the best in Penticton
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2017

The location is one block away from the beach and amusement area so I would say if you have children it is a perfect spot. We asked for a quiet room and it really was. Surprising given the amount of people staying there. It is a modest hotel and the price is not modest but Penticton in high summer is not cheap.

Room tip: We had #50 and it was quiet. Just what I wanted. Older motel style with two double beds. A quiet deck area nearby we used for visiting.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Pam R
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Remember being here 18 yrs ago with my kids , best thing about location is for the kids . Had a decent pool,close to beach ,children's play area across street,skateboard park across road ,coyote cruises nearby . The room we had was 1 bedroom suite fridge stove . Quiet area had good sleeps

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank phantom2014
Reviewed June 17, 2017

Admittedly we were lucky to obtain this motel late in the pre-conference time period before a large bridge tournament as well as a JW conference. For $110 per night we had Rm #39. Small and cosy could be the euphemism used to describe two double beds in a small room. The floor sloped towards the entry door, as did all the other rooms on that side of the motel. Water spilling from the bath delineates the slope as it tracks to the front door. All the cupboard doors swung shut from the slope as well as the bathroom door. The oven did not work the entire time we were there despite promises that they had called for repairs. One bed leg broke just from sitting down on the corner. The plastic leg was quickly repaired (they seemed to have a stock of spares, making me suspect that it was not a rare event). Walls were very thin with no acoustic isolation making conversation from the next rooms clearly shared whether you want it or not. The bath tub drain could not be stopped shut to allow a bath at all. In room coffee maker had no filters or coffee packs. I wonder if guests were expected to bring their own filter of correct size? Admittedly, there was free coffee at the front office and we brought our own Bodum and ground coffee by preference.
The front office manager was very friendly and helpful although the evening office representative seemed to have a different approach to guests as she took pains to write a note for the day manager indicating that I had "b-tched" about the oven not working after a second day of non-function and non appearance of the repair person. In fact I simply mentioned that it had not been repaired and made sympathetic noises when she said that it is always hard to get timely repairs done on small appliances.
All in all, we were glad that we actually cut short our stay in Penticton for unrelated reasons and left after only 3 nights.
Will try to return to our favoured motel at the Skaha Lake end next time we need to stay in Penticton after making sure that we reserve early enough.

Date of stay: June 2017