All reviews outdoor pool the breakfast area breakfast was excellent hot tub play area skaha lake room was clean free breakfast nice courtyard bbq area yogurt great for families front desk staff picnic tables great place to stay bit dated the ground floor
Reviewed July 10, 2008

Two friends and myself recently stayed at the Best Western in Penticton in order to do the KVR Bike Trail (highly recommended). Upon arrival my friends were shown to a room with two double beds with one window onto a dark hallway. The room was very dark and unwelcoming. My friends went to the front desk to request another room - a rather unhelpful and grumpy woman just told them that they "must have not requested a view" and did not offer any alternatives. When they pressed the situation they were shown an equally unattractive room and were met with rudeness.

On the other hand, my room looked out onto the courtyard overlooking the pool and children's playground and was quite lovely. However, the room had a smell of mold and smoke (it was a non-smoking room). Because the room was very nice I managed to get over this.

After the bike ride the next day, my friends were met by a new front desk clerk, named Kelly, who was very helpful and kind and informed them that a nice room on the courtyard had opened up and asked them if they would like it. They had been holding it for them all day. My friends were very happy and enjoyed their new room.

Date of stay: July 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2008

Nice hotel for a nice rate. Fairly clean, they didn't vaccum our room. Rooms are really nice and modern. Location is a ways out of downtown but near Skaha Lake.

Date of stay: March 2008
Reviewed February 5, 2008

The first thing that I noticed in room was the smell. It was moldy! Then I went into the bathroom and it was filty. The sink wasn't cleaned and the tub felt like it might have been clean with grit left around the tub. After dinner, i got the kids ready for bed and noticed that there was dog crap? on the tiles and checked everybody's shoes, and found nothing on them. In the morning we got up, without sleeping very good, due to the loud drunks next door, and it had snowed. we were on the second floor and nobody bothered to shovel the snow off of the steps, which was snowed covered ice. And oh, the breakfast that was included, was enough to hurl your own bile. I had to request for coffee twice, because there was none, and we were the only ones in there. Other than the *staff* member that was suppose to clean up and maybe grab some coffee, was doing absolutely nothing but watching the TV. When I told the lady at the front desk, she said that he was the owner of the restaurant........
The pool however, was the best part about the whole stay.

Date of stay: January 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2007

Stayed at this hotel one night over the August long weekend. We went from the Best Western in Cranbrook the night before to this one. It was nothing in comparison. I was very disappointed with the cleanliness of the hotel room. When we checked in, I went into the washroom and there was still someone's used facecloth hanging over the shower head, hair in and around the sink and some of the towels looked like they were used but folded back up. Yuck!!! I called front desk and asked that someone come and clean the bathroom and the maintenance guy came in, sprayed the sink and pulled out the used facecloth and that was it. I had the creeps after that . . . wondering if they even cleaned the place at all. I would not suggest this place at all. There are other much nicer hotels in the area just make sure you book ahead for the August long weekend.

Date of stay: August 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank trippinmomma
Reviewed July 6, 2007

Not one of Best Western's best.
Motel styled accommodation offering a reasonable sized room, good sized bed, TV, coffee/tea facilities and bath/shower. Both bedroom and bathroom were in need of redecorating.
Booking in was a painless exercise and the price included a continental styled breakfast with reasonable choice of cereals and pastries.
Also included is a childrens play area and small swimming pool.
The hotel is located on a main road close to out of town shops and restaurants but some distance from the lakes.
In summary the hotel was ok for one night but I would not spend a week there.

Date of stay: June 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)