All reviews outdoor pool the breakfast area playground equipment hot tub large courtyard breakfast was excellent skaha lake free breakfast no elevator motel style bbq area hot breakfast yogurt front desk staff pull out couch tables and chairs bed was very comfortable
Reviewed August 4, 2017

The experience started when checking in. My husband made the reservation on our way to Penticton. When I got there, I waited 10 minutes to check in behind another guest who was making reservations for the next four weeks. Once I made it to the counter, she asked where Jeff was. I said out in the car. She told me he needed to come in. I told her he was in two casts. She said that she would let me check in this time but next time whoever makes the reservation needs to check in.
I was expecting a different type of hotel I guess. This is a two-story with all the doors on the outside. We were on the second level which was difficult for my husband since there wasn't an elevator. We got all our stuff hauled up after a bit of effort. The room was a two-room suite with queen beds. The beds were clean and comfortable. The room was a little small but adequate for three people. It had a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Unfortunately, there weren't any cups, tea or coffee for us to use the coffee maker. We also tried using the TV in the main room but the remote didn't work. I tried calling the front desk but it rang and rang...45 times as I counted. I gave up on that. The fridge also didn't work as I found out in the morning-everything was warm.
My husband and son went swimming while I went out to get dinner. They said the pool was nice but cold and really crowded so they moved to the indoor pool where it was a little warmer. After dinner, I took my son swimming again. The outdoor pool was waaaay too cold so we went to the indoor pool. It was also cold but nice and clean. This is a weird hotel where people sit in the courtyard drinking and smoking, BBQing and visiting. Lots of activity and noise. Not a quiet hotel. Breakfast the next day was typical free breakfast. Waffle machines, eggs, bacon, sausage, juice, cereal, and pastries. It was ok. I had enough ingredients to make my morning protein drink which was nice. I did have to steal cups for coffee in our room since there weren't any. Check out was easy which was good. All in all nothing special but clean and good for a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the bottom floor if you have a lot of stuff
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kelly P, General Manager at Best Western Inn at Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us! Our entire team appreciates the kind words and feedback! Thank you for choosing Best Western for your accommodation needs.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

The hotel was amazing. Awesome breakfast, awesome staff members. Kelly and Jamie welcomed us very well! No problems at the time of check in the hotel
Details were provided so well there was no confusion one bit! Pool and hot tub was amazing! Rooms, outdoors and restaurant so clean! Love this property! Keep up the fantastic work! Definitely will return. Thank you for taking care of us.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank arunasingh67
Reviewed August 1, 2017

We spent a week at the Best Western Inn at Penticton. Location and amenities great. Room service didn't happen. But the real issue is the noise. There are no longer any rules in place. Children with huge lake size floaties, large groups commandeering tables and sitting out till 1:00 a.m. while the children ran up and down the stairs and around the complex. It is still a lovely facility and our room service was discussed however it would be nice to put a few limits on a few people who take advantage.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank WD1615

Reviewed July 30, 2017

Old Old Old Needs a complete overhaul. Who ever did the last little renovations should have been fired, they have no clue about quality construction Not a good value for the money. $250 a night its a complete rip off. For the money spent, please use it to fix up this run down Motel....

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us! Our entire team appreciates the feedback! The Best Western Inn at Penticton is under new ownership and have plans for renovations. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Best Western.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Our stay: July 24th to July 29th, 2017. This hotel is a favorite of ours and has been for many years. We won't stay anywhere else! The staff are amazingly friendly to us and our kids from the moment we check in, to all the little in between requests until checkout. The hotel has two pools.. indoor and outdoor which are both clean and enjoyable, the courtyard space is beautifully kept, spacious, and a great space for the kids to play or to sit and relax. Lots of tables and chairs.
The complimentary breakfast.. what can I say??! This isn't your average free hotel breakkie with toast and cereal. They go all out here.. eggs, hash browns, sausages, cereals, yogurt, breads, bagels, baked goods, waffles, juice, coffee.. its amazing and the staff keep it well stocked the entire duration of their breakfast hours and always with a smile on their faces. The kids loved the little details of this hotel from fun munchies in the hotel lobby throughout the day and the outdoor movies in the courtyard every evening.
My only perhaps negative comment for this hotel is it is a little older and could use some fix ups on the outside but by no means did this effect our stay nor did it take away from the enjoyment.
The rooms are clean, our a/c was in good working order and the maid service was great!!
This hotel books up quickly in the summers so highly recommend you book as early as they will let you. But it does not surprise me they fill up quickly. Awesome hotel run by amazing staff!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us! Our entire team appreciates the kind words and feedback! We are happy to see you back again with the family! We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Best Western for your accommodation needs.