All reviews outdoor pool the breakfast area playground equipment hot tub large courtyard breakfast was excellent skaha lake free breakfast no elevator bbq area motel style hot breakfast front desk staff yogurt pull out couch tables and chairs bed was very comfortable
Reviewed August 9, 2017

Our stay at this property combined good factors and bad factors.
In the plus column were the rooms, which were adequate, and the option to use the tables outside our room to enjoy our evening meal and interact with other guests. In the negative column was the incredible noise of fellow guests sitting outside our room and conducting conversations at full volume right up to (and after) 1.30am each night!! When we contacted Reception we were told that management was obliged to observe the local bylaws which permitted loud noise until 11pm! What a copout!! What provider of accommodation chooses to hide behind local bylaws at the expense of their other guests? When 11pm came and the noise continued unabated, we rang Reception again and were told they would "see what they could do"!! Apparently there was little they could do, as the noise continued for a further 2-3 hours.
This could have been a great stay, if only the management recognised that the needs of the majority should prevail over the needs of a noisy minority. We will never stay here again!!

Room Tip: try to find a room away from the noise of inconsiderate guests
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Kelly P, General Manager at Best Western Inn at Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us here in Penticton! We are happy you enjoyed our facilities and amenities during your stay with us! Our facility abides by all municipal laws set out by the Corporation of the City of Penticton, including the Good Neighbour Bylaw which regulates or prohibits making or causing noises or sounds that disturb the quiet, rest, peace, enjoyment or convenience of individuals or the public during specific time periods (11pm-7am). We appreciate the feedback and thank you for choosing Best Western!

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Room service needs to be done everyday. Not once did I have my sheets changed not my room serviced. Not only that the manager has not yet called me to resolve this issue. I am still waiting on a call from the manager.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kelly P, General Manager at Best Western Inn at Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us here in Penticton! I'm sorry to hear about the housekeeping service. Upon checking our records we have found your room was serviced on each morning of your stay with us, except for one morning, housekeeping was informed by an occupant of your guest room that housekeeping service was not required. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. Our entire team appreciates your feedback and business. We thank you for choosing Best Western for your accommodation needs!

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Resort is central locationed to the Okanagan Valley, and the 2 lakes at Penticton. Also well located for winery visits, especially the Narramata Bench. Lots for kids to do on-site and a reasonable sized pool, and adjacent BBQs.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us here in Penticton! Our entire team appreciates the 4/5 rating and are happy to see you enjoyed your visit here in Penticton/Naramata! We hope to see you all again!

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Room was not available at check in - had reservations confirmed when putting children to bed on pull out sofa - discovered the sheets had not been changed from previous occupants - had to call to front desk to have clean sheets delivered and had to make up bed discovered a bra under the front edge of the pull out sofa in the morning after the children had slept on sofa overnight room had definitely not been clean as thoroughly as we expect when staying at a Best Western location - very disappointed in addition, people in units close by let their dogs out early in the morning and the dogs then barked and whined for half hour until their owners finally let them back in

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kelly P, Manager at Best Western Inn at Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us here in Penticton! We appreciate the feedback and apologize for the cleaning issue in regards to the sofa bed. We did apologize at check out as well but did not have any issues with any dogs on the property reported to us. We would have been more than happy to ask the owners to keep the dogs on a leash and supervised as that is our pet policy-No unattended animals on the property at any time. We hope to do better for you the next time you visit Penticton! Thank you for choosing Best Western.

Reviewed August 4, 2017

The experience started when checking in. My husband made the reservation on our way to Penticton. When I got there, I waited 10 minutes to check in behind another guest who was making reservations for the next four weeks. Once I made it to the counter, she asked where Jeff was. I said out in the car. She told me he needed to come in. I told her he was in two casts. She said that she would let me check in this time but next time whoever makes the reservation needs to check in.
I was expecting a different type of hotel I guess. This is a two-story with all the doors on the outside. We were on the second level which was difficult for my husband since there wasn't an elevator. We got all our stuff hauled up after a bit of effort. The room was a two-room suite with queen beds. The beds were clean and comfortable. The room was a little small but adequate for three people. It had a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Unfortunately, there weren't any cups, tea or coffee for us to use the coffee maker. We also tried using the TV in the main room but the remote didn't work. I tried calling the front desk but it rang and rang...45 times as I counted. I gave up on that. The fridge also didn't work as I found out in the morning-everything was warm.
My husband and son went swimming while I went out to get dinner. They said the pool was nice but cold and really crowded so they moved to the indoor pool where it was a little warmer. After dinner, I took my son swimming again. The outdoor pool was waaaay too cold so we went to the indoor pool. It was also cold but nice and clean. This is a weird hotel where people sit in the courtyard drinking and smoking, BBQing and visiting. Lots of activity and noise. Not a quiet hotel. Breakfast the next day was typical free breakfast. Waffle machines, eggs, bacon, sausage, juice, cereal, and pastries. It was ok. I had enough ingredients to make my morning protein drink which was nice. I did have to steal cups for coffee in our room since there weren't any. Check out was easy which was good. All in all nothing special but clean and good for a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the bottom floor if you have a lot of stuff
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kelly P, General Manager at Best Western Inn at Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us! Our entire team appreciates the kind words and feedback! Thank you for choosing Best Western for your accommodation needs.