All reviews across the street working ac okanagan lake kitchen suite location is great heated pool an older hotel farmers market beds were comfortable would stay here again per night fridge couch appliances pros cons lakefront
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

Great location for a family trip. Close to all fun activities- beach, lake, sports rentals, restaurant, Loco Landing. Clean room, friendly staff, indoor pool and kitchenettes are well equipped for family meals! We'll book again!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kirsten Z, Manager at Spanish Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2016

Hi Ciriani. Thank you for your excellent review! We really appreciate it. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2016

This hotel is old and ready to be torn down. I would never stay in it again and would have moved but had already paid ! The bed is old and uncomfortable with no tv in bedroom. The couch was all saggy and used and very uncomfortable as well. The cleaning staff did minimal ,no vacuuming etc. If they were not on the beach or anywhere else in b.c. This place would be torn down. Sorry. What can I say. Definitely thumbs down

Room tip: Go elseware
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank daryman

Hi Daryman. I'm very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We are currently in the process of renovating our rooms and I hope that we can make this up to you in the future. We do appreciate your valuable feedback.

Reviewed August 26, 2016

This spot is very dated. The couch is beat up, the bed is uncomfortable. But who visits pentictun to stay indoors. The location can't be beat. And theres pretty good value considering how far you are to beach front.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Laura. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. I hope that you will choose the Spanish Villa the next time you are visiting Penticton.

Reviewed August 20, 2016

For over 10 years we have stayed at the Spanish Villa and have many wonderful memories of this place. One summer my father even rented the room for an entire month and all of us came to visit at different times that month. However, this visit was a disappointment from the start. When we arrived we were asked for a credit card. We advised that we did not have one and the lady sighed, rolled her eyes, and said that was going to be a problem. We would have to pay a $300.00 deposit for "incidentals" and kept pointing, over and over, to a sign about smoking in the rooms. We paid the $300 and 2200.00 for the room on one card and wanted to put the balance on a different card, but I had forgotten to transfer money over. We asked for the key and told this lady, who was very miserable through the whole ordeal, that we would go online and transfer money. She looked very angry and said "I am not handing over the key when the room isn't paid for!" I replied that I had just paid $2500.00 and she reluctantly handed over the key.

A few nights later, we had been to look at the meteor shower and returned back close to midnight. There was a car in our spot and in every other spot in the parking lot. Then a man started yelling at us that there is no assigned parking and we would have to look for a spot in the parking lot behind the motel. I said that we were staying in the most expensive suite in the motel and we should have one spot for our car. He then yelled even louder that there was "NO ASSIGNED PARKING". My son drove around back and looked for a spot but none was available in the lot behind the motel. He returned and the guy told him he would have to find something. I told the man that I was handicapped and could not walk very far. He yelled "YOU'RE WALKING NOW". At that point my son became angry and told the man not to speak to his mom that way, he would just park behind the car in our spot, to which the man yelled that he would have us towed. By this time I was in tears. Minutes later, a lady with dark hair and a man with glasses came out, apologized and told us that this guy (apparently the owners son) had a bad day, the young man with glasses would move his car in the back and we could take his spot. These people were very nice. For the rest of the weekend we had to take a taxi so we would not lose our spot. I believe that the man we were speaking to was really hoping for an actual fight with my son, but my son is a gentleman and would never do that.

A couple of days later we put a load of laundry in and when we returned, the doors were locked. We had been told a few days earlier that the laundry was open till 10 but it said 9 on the door. We went into the office and unfortunately were greeted by the unpleasant desk clerk from the first day. She looked down her nose and rudely told us that it has always been 9, there is a sign on the door, and that there was no way that anyone would say 10. Could she not have just said, 'oh there must have been a misunderstanding'? She told us she would allow us to pick up our clothes but not put them in the dryer because it would disturb people, we did not mind doing that at all, but were made to feel like we were idiots.

For the rest most of the staff is wonderful, housekeeping did an amazing job and were very friendly as well as the other desk staff. However, because of the treatment we received from the miserable woman, who could not say anything without a miserable attitude and the man on the upstairs balcony, who was looking for a fight, we will not be staying there again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Calgarysylv

Hello.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide us with your valuable feedback. I do apologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay with us and for the lack of customer service that you received. I hope that we can make this up to you, as we love having you and your family stay with us every Summer.

Sincere Apologies,
Kirsten
Office Manager
Spanish Villa Resort

Reviewed August 19, 2016

I think if you're here, you're really spending more time at the bench than in the room itself. Yes, the rooms aren't the most updated, but it was comfortable enough. I would recommend arriving early though, because there is very limited parking. I wish management would do more to deal with badly parked cars. Multiply times during our short stay, there were always at least one car that did a bad parking job - taking up valuable parking space! This one lady who did a terrible parking job just sat there while watching a bunch of cars struggling to take the last spot in the parking lot beside her car, and then had the audacity to ask why we were leaving a note on her car after we have successfully parked in the spot. We were just being friendly to let her know that if she has trouble getting in her car, she can give us a call so we can move for her. Seriously, if you stay here, please do everyone a favour and not do a bad parking job.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Cheryl L

Hi Cheryl. Thank you for your review. I do apologize about the parking situation. For future reference, we do have a second parking lot at the back of the property. I hope that you enjoyed your stay otherwise. Hope to see you again.