All reviews hooded merganser barking parrot lake view private beach west wing new tower patio bar starbucks coffee farmers market main street bit dated wine tour beds were comfortable king bed indoor pool naramata bench parkade
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

After years of staying at the Lakeside Resort, I realized that I've never written a review so here it is.

The Lakeside Resort is a great hotel for us when we vacation with our two dogs. The hotel doesn't gouge you by charging you a pet fee per dog per night. There's a one-time $25 pet fee regardless of the number of dogs. They also give you a pet care package when you check in which is a nice touch. We get a lake view room so we can see the dogs on the balcony when we are sitting at the hotel's patio bar/restaurant. There's also a fenced off dog beach adjacent to the hotel property. Our dogs have a great time staying there.

All hotel staff from the front desk to housekeeping are very professional and very friendly. The rooms are fairly large and include a mini fridge that is not stocked with hotel for purchase items so you can store your own beer, water or soda which is great. The rooms have recently been renovated which makes the hotel even better. The hotel restaurants are all good and prices are reasonable. Even room service items are fairly priced.

Overall the hotel is perfect for one of our yearly vacations. I highly recommend it.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PentictonLakeside, Marketing & Social Media at Penticton Lakeside Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Thank you for your review! Glad you continue to choose to enjoy your annual trips with us!

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

We checked into our room on the fourth floor in the afternoon and enjoyed the beautiful view of the lake over the bar area. The noise was reasonable because it was regular bar room music. The sound was reasonable. Then the band started in the evening around 8 or 8:30. We were out on the small balcony enjoying the breeze but as the evening wore on the music became progressively louder to the point of not being able to visit on our patio. We went inside. There was a note on the patio door to keep the door closed to keep the noise level down but the noise was so bad we couldn't even hear our TV. We called down to the front desk to find out what time the band shut down. We were told 2:00 am. We then went down to the front desk and spoke to the guest services girls. We asked why we weren't informed when we booked that there was going to be loud music and that it might be noisy. Then one of the girls said "well we warn the people that check into the rooms on the second floor about the noise from the bar". She also said that she stayed in the rooms up there and she never felt they were noisy. I told her that I found that hard to believe and invited her to come up and hear the noise but she refused. We went back to our room and painfully tried to watch TV. We finally phoned again and asked to speak to a supervisor and invited him up to the room to hear how noisy it was but he also refused to come. We asked for them to waive our next night's room charges as we refused to stay there another night. They did so and gave us a $25 gift card. It hardly made up for the peaceful environment we expected when we reserved the rooms. The rooms have not been updated and the beds are old and hard. None of this is mentioned on their website. This is strictly a party hotel and we don't advise you to stay here if you are expecting to get a good night's rest.
If I could rate this room with a "0" but they don't give me that option.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rose E
PentictonLakeside, Marketing + Social Media at Penticton Lakeside Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Our apologies if you found the weekend DJ music from The Barking Parrot Bar to be too loud for your taste. We do turn off the music on the patio completely at 11:00 pm in hopes to keep the music at a tolerant level for our hotel guests. Unfortunately, the hotel must have been at capacity. Otherwise, we could have moved you to another room to accommodate your needs. We hope you decide to stay with us again during your next visit to Penticton, so we can ensure the proper room for you.

Reviewed August 17, 2017

This was my first time in Penticton. The Resort is located on the Lake with a beautiful lake view as well as close to shops and wineries. I checked in on Sunday and caught the last bit of the Peach Fest and the band. When I checked in I was given a parking pass for my car and didn't have to pay $10 a day like some of the previous reviews stated. The room was clean and the service in both the pub and restaurant was exceptional. The little shop in the Lobby is a bit on the expensive side.
When I reserved the room online I asked to be away from the elevators, Ice Machine and a quiet room. That is exactly what I got when I checked in and much appreciated. Yes, the hotel is dated and need some new furniture, carpets, soundproofing etc but... it was clean, the bed was comfortable and although I was right above the bar (on the 5th floor) I managed to get a good night's rest. I checked in on Sunday and checked out on Wednesday. If you are not happy with your room, all you need to do is pick up the phone and complain. I found the front desk personnel to be very helpful and all the staff very friendly. They also have earplugs at the front desk. All you need to do is ask. If you are a dog lover, this hotel is dog friendly with the dog park nearby.

Room tip: Ask for a corner room, higher floor, overlooking the lake. Beautiful view
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for your great, and balanced review! We're currently in the process of updating everything to go along with the opening of our new West Wing. Glad you enjoyed your stay and received everything you needed! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Never have I written a review part way through a stay but I'm just so disappointed. I'm here with friends who have a son competing in the ITU multi sports world championship festival which is taking place in Penticton from this coming Friday. This is not a cheap holiday and we chose here because of the amenities and location. However, we cannot use the Barking Parrot bar because it has a ruling that no under 19`s are allowed on the premises no matter what time of day or evening. As this is the main reasonably priced eating establishment facing the lake that has sports TV, pool tables and other gaming activities imagine our surprise when the athlete who is competing was asked for his ID after he ordered himself a glass of water and change for the pool table (he will be 19 in October). This facility should not be advertised as part of this resort if you cannot gain access to it if you have somebody in your family who isn't allowed in, we couldn't even have a meal outside on the patio area. Ive read it doubles up as a night club at the weekend but this was 5pm on a Tuesday night. I can understand not serving alcohol to an under 19 but he doesn't drink and he wanted a meal with his family and a game of pool whilst watching the sport. Surely the ruling should only apply after a certain time in the evening! Just so disappointing as this is now ruled out for all of us and it should be made clearer!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Carol J
PentictonLakeside, Marketing & Social Media at Penticton Lakeside Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

The Barking Parrot Bar is a liquor primary establishment, and as such we cannot allow minors into the premises, it is the provincial law. You're welcome to order 'take out' meals for your friends' son if something on the Bar menu appeals to him. But unfortunately, the law is the law. We did not create it, but we must follow it. We happily offer competitive prices in our other establishments; The Hooded Merganser (family friendly restaurant on the water) has similar pricing for similar items offered in the Barking Parrot Bar. Our Private Beach also serves food and is family friendly offering many of the same menu items as The Barking Parrot Bar. Light snacks and meals are also offered in a family friendly environment at The Bufflehead Cappuccino + Wine Bar.
Enjoy the rest of your stay, we're happy to cater to you and your friends as best we can.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

This hotel boasts that it is a resort, yet you pretty much have to pay extra for all the amenities it offers, as well as paying the outrageous hotel prices!
The private beach is very small and dirty.
The hotel is NOT soundproof. Get ready to be woken up by slamming doors at all times of the day and night!
Also, because there is a bar in the lobby of the hotel you get to hear the noise till 2am every night.
I'll echo what another review mentioned which was the cleanliness of the hotel. We found cheerios scattered in the room and hair in the shower, before we even used the room. Yuck!
Don't bother mentioning anything to the staff, because they really don't care.
I mean, I understand the bar noise, you can't really control that, but a head's up would be nice. Especially with young kids!!

Room tip: If you have kids - stay away....this is for people who want to party or don't mind the late nights.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family