All reviews great location room was clean housekeeping staff a great stay full kitchen stove sink
Reviewed July 17, 2018

Another EPIC trip! This is the fourth time we have stayed at this Motel for this event. So convenient and again the weather was perfect. Since it is within walking distance of downtown it is easy to enjoy all the activities and the Market. Rooms are clean and we enjoyed the small cook stove, sink and fridge. Nice to have barbecues too. We will probably be booking next year. Really enjoyed the SS Sicamous Museum across the street on the beach.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
rochesterresort, General Manager at Rochester Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Thank you for your review Cecil, it was great having here welcome back anytime not just Gran Fondo.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

This is the 5 th time staying at the Rochester and have enjoyed it every time. Right across the street from Lake Okanagan, walking distance to lots of restaurants. The rooms are clean, bathrooms clean showers lots of pressure and hot water, and very quiet & family friendly. Our room every time has had air conditioning.The hotel staff are friendly and very helpful anything we asked for they brought it immediately. We plan to vacation many more times to penticton and the Rochester is where we will stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dena K
rochesterresort, General Manager at Rochester Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. Yes I do believe we have an excellent location mere steps away from the beach, walking distance to downtown and different events being hosted down on the waterfront during the summer season as well close to some excellent restaurants. We will and are upgrading the rooms consistently, when you return I am positive you will see some more changes and more upgrades. Also yes I have to agree the Housekeeping staff have done an amazing job keeping the rooms clean and up to standards as well as the property. Again Thank you for your review and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

To whom ever is reading this, I am not going to tell you not to stay at this hotel because I actually never did and from my experience dealing with the owner, I will never stay here.
This is my experience dealing with the owner of Rochester Hotel Penticton.
In February, I booked this hotel for 5 nights through Expedia. (Thought I was dialing the hotel directly but it took me to Expedia.) That was fine and I booked. I knew if for any reason I needed to cancel I had til July 20th without penalty. So July 9th came and I decided to cancel my hotel reservation at the Rochester. ( I decided to stay at another hotel a few hotels down "Spanish Villa") I canceled through my email from Expedia. I received an confirmation email from Expedia stating that my reservation was canceled. Great! Thought everything was fine. Well, I went on my family vacation with my children and had a great time in Penticton at Spanish Villa. Later that week, I checked my Amex account. Well, Rochester Hotel charged my account over $100!!!! I immediately called the hotel. No answer, got the answering machine, I left a message. I called a few hours later still no answer and I left a message. No one called me back. The next day I called again and again no answer and once again I left a message. A few hours later, I call again and finally the owner answered. I explain to him that he charged me accidentally and I would like the chargers reversed as I cancel my reservation before the penalty period. He told me that he never received any cancellation and he was NOT going to reverse charges as I was a "no show". He told me that I had to deal with Expedia and that "this conversation is over" and hung up. I proceed to call Expedia and explained the situation. Expedia called the hotel owner and again was unable to speak with him. The next day I decided to go down to the hotel and speak with the owner myself and show him my conformation number etc. I walked into his office and told him who I was and would like him to see my conformation number that I did cancel and I was not a "no show". I apologize that he did not get the conformation from Expedia or that he might have missed it. He told me ( in a yelling voice) that it wasn't his problem that I had to deal with Expedia and that this conversation is over and to get out of his office. I wanted to show him my proof of my cancellation and he wouldn't even look at it. I asked him to please reverse the charges because I did everything correctly in a timely manner that I was not a "no show" that I did cancel properly. He told me that he will NOT reverse the charges and that I was a "no show" and I needed to leave right now. (remember, this was all yelled at me by the owner). So from my experience, I can't comment on the rooms or the hotel itself but the owner is rude, disrespectful and ignorant. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. I recommend that you avoid it like the plague.
Now, the other side to this story was dealing with Expedia. They were actually great! They agreed that I did cancel in the timely manner and they tried to call the Rochester Hotel to speak with the owner to see what had happened. They too experienced him not answering his phone. I had to call Expedia three days in a row for them to finally talk to the owner and he also yelled at the Expedia representative and told him that he was not reversing the charges. All in all, Expedia credited my Amex card the total amount out of their pocket which I am very grateful for.
This was a horrible experience and I never stayed at the hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank rachelleg289
rochesterresort, General Manager at Rochester Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

First of all I would like to apologize for what you experienced last year dealing with the General Manager (not an owner). A lot of changes have happened over the past year at the Rochester Resort Motel, there has recently been a New General Manager hired and new policies and procedures have been put in place. We invite any of our past reviewers if you are looking at returning to Penticton and need a place to stay we would like the opportunity to change your mind about the Rochester Resort Motel.

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

The location is right on the shore front and easy walking distance from the rest of Penticton.

The room was large and clean. The bathroom was very clean and the shower was hot and powerful.
The aircon was loud and old but did the job but I do wear ear buds.

There was a slight smell to the room but not as bad as some. The staff were polite and ok

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vagrant385
Reviewed July 11, 2017

I would not recommend this resort to ANYONE. We rented a room from them on June 1, 2017 for a concert we were attending in Penticton in July. (I should also mention that there was a few events going on this weekend and rooms were scarce.) We arrived to the hotel on the Saturday to check in and find that they couldn't find our reservation. I pulled up my confirmation and they told me that it was too bad because they have cancelled our room and they didn't have any left. They cancelled our room on June 30, 2017, one week before our check in date. They did not call and inform us of this. When I asked the guy why he said it was because they don't rent rooms for 1 night. Not only do they have people working there that have NO idea what is going on, they also feel free to cancel bookings at any time without calling you to let you know. Not to mention that the guy was a completely rude to us about the whole thing and treated us with the most disrespect. They completely ruined our time, screwed us out of a place to stay and made our whole trip stressful. This is a terrible business ran from completely ignorant people.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Brendon H
rochesterresort, General Manager at Rochester Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018