Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Alexia091
Toronto, Canada

Very expensive for what you get

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 17, 2022
Ok hotel. I think it's expensive for what you get.
Location is decent, but 10 min walk from Main Street and beach area.
The young lady at the front desk was really nice.
Our room was large and comfortable. Mattress medium firm so comfortable enough to accommodate most people. The room had coffee, microwave, bar fridge. Bathroom was partially updated. But the shower was quite old and dingy, with mold stains that should be cleaned up. Mounted towel holder falling out of wall. A bit of TLC would go a long way.
They have blinds over the windows, which is horrible as it lets all the light in from the street lights at night and by 5:00 a.m. the room is quite bright with the morning sun in the summer. And by quite bright, I mean I could read a tiny print book without having to turn a light on no problem.
Indoor pool looked clean and was a good size (didn't go in).
If it wasn't >$300 per night, I'd stay here again. But next time I would stay closer to the town centre and pay that much or more for similar/better accommodations with more advantages.
Date of stay: July 2022
3.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
3.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Jul 23, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to rate us. We have passed on the comment regarding the Blinds to our owners.
I feel your frustration with the prices, unfortunately with inflation and the summer demand in penticton we are in line with other hotels with the same level/types of services and amenities.
Hope you have a great summer
Front Desk
Deluxe King
C$199
4.6 km from Hotel Penticton, Ascend Hotel Collection
Free parking
Rebranded, updated, and new sign! Checkout Okanagan Lakefront Resort.
    C$276
  • Skyscanner.com
    C$270
4.9 km from Hotel Penticton, Ascend Hotel Collection
View more hotels in Penticton
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 16, 2022 via mobile

The front of the hotel is old and unattractive. I rented a double queen room. To my surprise, the room was nice and had a balcony with chairs. The washroom is old and needs to be renovated. There is a nice free coffee machine that makes flavoured coffees. Nice pool and hot tub. Pool towels provided at the lobby.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Front Concierge, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Penticton, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2022

Thank-you for taking the time to rate us. Hope you have a great year.

Reviewed May 28, 2022 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel when our daughter had a dance competition in Penticton. I found there was a large contingent of what seemed to be unaccompanied minors and young people drinking and yelling in the hallways. I called down to the front desk 2 times between 11pm and Midnight. The front desk person told me it was only on their first week on the job and was left in a situation she wasn’t trained for. When I went to the lobby you could see where alcohol was spilled in front of the elevator door, in the elevator and in the hallway on the carpets. After talking to the staff at the front desk they told me they were going to ask the people to leave if it carried on, and it did till past 1am. Our first night there was the worst stay I’ve ever had in a hotel and it clicked to me that this was a hotel where parents send their kids to party instead of messing up their houses. The following morning I was going to check out and goto the best western when they assured me that the people on our floor had checked out. My 6 year old son and I went to the pool at 11am when another group in their 20s came in with open alcohol and were drinking so we left the pool. It seems like anything goes at the Hotel Penticton. The only real highlight of this place is the location and the pool when we weren’t having a bunch of people drinking around us. I can whole heartedly tell you I’ll never be back to this place. We went to the restaurant and homeless were coming in threatening to take their clothes off if they weren’t given a meal and I had to threaten the guy if he did that in front of my son and daughter I was going to beat him into a coma. You guys have a lot to look at your hotel in terms of professional conduction of business, staffing more than 1 person at a time and taking action to ensure your customers are getting what they paid for. This place is a total waste of money for what we experienced. I asked to be called by the manager and asked to speak to them 3 times and nothing. My advice is don’t stay here especially if you don’t want to hear kids party till the wee hours our the night. We will be back to Penticton next year for the same competition but will be staying at the Fairfield or the best western where the standards are higher, both are only a little bit more money and are worth it instead of no sleep. This had an effect on my daughter and ruined her performance from us being up all night only getting just 5 hours sleep. I bet Hotel Penticton won’t be in business very long if things continue to run like this. Good luck you’re going to need it.

Room tip: Literally don’t stay here unless you’re desperate.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Front Concierge, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Penticton, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2022

I am sorry but we cannot be held responsible for the behavior of people experiencing homelessness and mental health challenges. I do apologize for the noise issues you experienced we do our best to try and have all guests respect quiet hours to allow everyone to have restful sleep. We are usually a very family friendly hotel and I do apologize for the experience you had.
We have given the new staff member who was working that weekend additional training on being more forceful with unruly guests and "Partiers". and when to call in support. As a 36 room property we simply cannot afford to have multiple staff on property at all hours.
As to your "request" to speak to the manager. On Saturday morning our font desk manager asked if he could assist you, at which point you said "No, I want the manager!" and left before he was able to reply that the manager was off for the weekend and would not be back for 2 days. You demanded to speak to the manager with other staff members, but never requested that we have the manager call you. I do apologize if you thought making that demand was the same as asking to be called/contacted by the manager.

Reviewed August 16, 2021

At check-in we paid just over $1,400 for 4 nights. Front desk staffer was pleasant, asked if we needed towels for the pool (indoor pool open from dawn till dusk - we declined), handed us a stack of 10% off coupons for breakfast or lunch at the attached Bear's Den restaurant, told us our room was ground level with an assigned parking spot.
Our room had a king size bed, small desk and chair, good size television, mini-fridge and microwave. Comfortable bed, nice linen and pillows. Nothing fancy, but no complaints at first impression. Now the bathroom - had to take one step up into a open closet to reach the bathroom. Two towels struck me as stingy, not nearly as stingy as wall mounted liquid soap and hand lotion dispensers above sink, same thing in shower for shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. Shower gel smelled like those pine scented cardboard air fresheners hung on rear view mirrors. Did see a hair dryer in bag under sink, no ironing board or iron - very disappointed, could have used an iron.
Next day we were out for 10 hours, came back to find our room just as we left it - no fresh towels, bed made, garbage removed or in room coffee supplies replenished. If I'd wanted to do this myself we've had booked an Airbnb! Inquired about fresh towels and housekeeping at front desk, were given 2 clean towels and told it was up to us to request basic housekeeping by 11 AM each day. Huh? We're paying over $300 a day and this is the first we're hearing of it? Never thought to tell us at check-in? Politely requested housekeeping while out for the day.
Returned 9 hours later -bed wasn't made, floor not swept, seems housekeeping defines service as hanging 2 towels and removing a small amount of garbage. It was shocking.
Would never stay there again. It's a shame, slept great, appreciated assigned parking and efficient climate control, but guests shouldn't have to beg for basic housekeeping. I've travelled extensively for decades and never encountered this degree of housekeeping indifference.

Date of stay: August 2021
Hotel Penticton, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Penticton, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2021

I am sorry for your experience. We try to inform all of our guests at arrival that to reduce our environmental impact our housekeeping is upon request only. this reduces the amount of unnecessary laundry, and waste when guests do not request or require new towels and amenities every day. It is also why we have gone to the refillable dispensers for the bathroom soaps, lotions and shampoos.
With the need to replace and was all towels and linens in between guests, we have taken to only stocking our rooms with 2 sets of towels with additional towels availble upon request, or offered when someone is checking into a room with more than 2 people. This has saved over 400 loads of laundry in the past year as we have not had to re-wash unused towels when a single guest has checked into a room that can sleep 4 people.
Again I apologize that our policies were not communicated clearly to you at arrival. I hope you have a great remainder of your summer.

Reviewed November 8, 2020 via mobile

Booked for a night stopping through penticton. Booked a jacuzzi suite and was extremely satisfied with room and amenities. Best jacuzzi room we’ve been in. Front desk staff were friendly and quick. Bed was superb. Room was cozy and large. Nothing tops the bathroom. Jacuzzi was super comfortable and relaxing and the adjoining shower is an amazing addition. Can’t wait to stay again.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. Hope you have a great 2021.

Reviewed October 21, 2020

We spent a week at the Hotel Penticton and had a great time. The staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. We were close to wineries, great restaurants and golf courses. If you are a golfer, try the WOW golf course up on the cliff with unbelievable views of the lake.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank ucosandier

Thank you for your review Hopefully you will be able to make it back this autumn.