“Amazing first ever tour!!!”

Grape Friends Lounge & Tours Inc.
Ranked #2 of 49 Food & Drink in Penticton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At Grape Friends Lounge & Tours Inc. it is our goal to create a fun, exciting, unforgettable experience while you explore the Okanagan and all the hidden gems within. Come share our excitement and enthusiasm. What better way to do that than to “Relax & Lounge while we drive you around!” Seats fill up fast so book your tour today!
Reviewed October 7, 2017

Was picked up by Ron and it was a blast from there. Very friendly and chatty. It was my first tour and he taught me all about tasting and what to look for. He was attentive and informative. I even bought a Chardonnay after saying I was not a Chardonnay drinker! He rounded back to a winery I regretted not getting a bottle at and it was all around a fun and great learning experience! Already trying to plan another with friends in new year!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"visited wineries"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Picked up by Ron at the arranged time (no waiting around) and driving a very comfortable clean car, large enough for the 6 of us plus Ron. We set off to visit what ended up being 6 wineries and one distillery. Ron certainly knew his way around giving us a running commentary of useful and funny bits of info as we went. Ron was clearly well know by all the wineries we visited. He made the experience enjoyable and we felt no pressure of the need to purchase the wines. We had a great time. Ron was clearly well prepared with coloured stickers so we knew who had purchased what and the bottles of water and pretzels were a welcomed addition. Thoroughly recommended by our party.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

This was our 6th year touring with Grape Friends & it's always a blast!
We let Karen to all her 'Best kept Secret' wineries, she knows lots of 'hidden gems'. It's always nice to sit back & relax & let Karen or Ron do the driving!

Reviewed September 25, 2017

My partner and I signed up for wine tour with Karen and Ron for one of the last Sundays in September. We toured five wineries within the Bottleneck Drive region of Summerland over a period of 5 hours, with a stop for lunch. From the beginning, everything was very well organized. Upon booking my reservation with Karen, I received an email from her confirming the specifics of our wine tour, pick up times, what to expect, etc. I am very detailed person so I very much appreciated this information. Karen and Ron picked us up when expected and went above and beyond throughout the entire wine tour. Karen is very enthusiastic about wine and will make sure you are being looked after at each and every winery. She really ensures that you receive the "VIP treatment", including stocking you up with plenty of water and little bags of pretzels to cleanse your palette in between wineries. We stopped and had lunch at Zia's Stonehouse Restaurant which was wonderful and a great way to break up the time between all of our wine tastings. All in all, we had a wonderful day and experience with Karen and Ron and would recommend their wine touring services to anyone looking for a high energy and fun wine tour .

See more reviews
Reviewed September 17, 2017

Karen helped us organize our tour, and Ron was an excellent driver and host! Along with another couple we visited multiple wineries on the bench and Ron seemed to know them all personally! He took care of our purchases at every stop. We loved the ability to visit boutique wineries in the small group, that's the best part! I sincerely appreciate that Karen and Ron are very honest about the tasting fees not being included, and some of our stops did not include fees. A bottle purchase will always waive the winery's fees, but it's hard to not buy every wine we taste! Be aware that some large tours will be blocked from the small wineries, and some will not be honest about the individual tasting room fees. Choose the tour style best for you, and if you like unique stories and getting to know the farmers, Grape Friends Tours is the perfect choice!