“Now that's a market”

Penticton Farmers' Market
Ranked #4 of 95 things to do in Penticton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: At the Penticton Farmers' Market you can find farm fresh veggies and fruits, eggs, honey, baking, preserves and handmade crafts - all grown or produced in the South Okanagan. PFM vendors proudly make, bake or grow everything they sell. The market also hosts a selection of local liquor vendors each week. *Please note: from September 10 - October 29, 2016, we are temporarily located in the 500 & 600 blocks of Main Street.*
Reviewed 14 November 2017

The Penticton Farmer's Market has to be the largest I've ever seen. We had an amazing day there, even saw the filming of a movie in the park.
This is absolutely a can't miss event in the area.
Fresh food, coffee shops, loads of different clothes being sold in a variety of sizes, homemade gifts and art, unique jewelry shops, and soap stands. This market has it all. I will be back.

I recommend it.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

every saturday-music with local bands-vegetables,canning products esoteric baked goods-something for everyone

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I go to a lot farmers market, sometimes multiplies in a week and many across BC and AB. Well this is one of the best i have ever been to. It is often paired with another market which makes it just go and go. The great thing about this market it they stick to their roots, it is a farmers market, and every table is veggies, meats, honey... sooo amazing to see this! Everything looked fresh, and so many locals!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We found a wide variety of fresh and prepared foods. Well priced and lots of variety to choose from.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

I always plan our trips to Penticton around a visit to the Saturday Farmer's Market. This trip, my husband & I got there at the 8:30am opening time. It was mid September & a cold brisk wind was blowing. I noticed that several vendors were bundled up & wearing gloves. I wish I had thought to pack gloves! My husband chivalrously gave me his hoodie to wear.:) As the sun pierced the shaded street it soon warmed up.

The flower, fruit & vegetable vendors had put a lot of effort in the displays of their good. There were lots of samples to taste at the various bakery & cheese booths. Many booths had eggs, meats, honey, cheeses, locally roasted coffee, handmade crafts, of local liquor vendors & much more for sale. There was lots of prepared food to take for sale. Also, food trucks with temptations like elk sausage in a bun, Pad Thai, Falafel, perogies, etc.

We bought yummy pear turnovers from the Walla Bakery booth, squash soup to take back for lunch at our holiday rental, exception whole grain breads baked in a wood fired oven from a vendor that traveled from Cawston to sell at the market, wonderful melons from a vendor from Osoyoos, & many other goodies.

The Penticton Community Market took place at the same time as the farmers market.
We walked further along Main Street after we finished shopping & munching at the farmers market. There were blocks of vendors selling clothing, bed linens, jewellery, collectables, antiques and furniture. Also, there was live music and entertainment.

I look forward to going back to these wonderfully entertaining markets in 2018!