All reviews dave sue laundry area skaha lake across the street wifi summer
Reviewed March 7, 2018

We have been coming to Oxbow RV for the past three years, and enjoy the quiet, clean, and secure campsites. The staff has always been helpful and friendly, and also like that there is a laundry facilities on site. You are close to the beach and short drive to downtown.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Oxbow RV R, Owner at Oxbow RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Reviewed December 12, 2017

Lovely campground but the owners are very rude and as soon as their is a problem, look out. Would never stay there again as the male owner SCREAMING at a 3 year old is something I need not experience again.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank nevman2011

Management at Oxbow would never scream at children. If you there was an issue we would appreciate if a guest could discuss the issue so that it can be resolved. Not aware of the issue until it was posted to Trip Advisor

Reviewed November 8, 2017

This is a very well kept park. Despite seeing poor reviews, we took a chance and are very happy we did. Dave and Sue, the owners, were very helpful with any issues we had, few though they were. Washrooms and laundry facilities are immaculate, well tended. There is a sizeable library to help yourself, if so inclined. Dave can fix anything, it seems. We had a couple RV issues and he knew exactly what to do. The grounds are kept is as good condition as the laundry area. The only reason I didn't rate it on top is that the dryers take too long and need two cycles to completely dry clothes. Mostly I used a laundromat a few blocks away. This park is across the street from Skaha lake and an easy walk to Gilligan's ice cream parlor. There are beautiful trees around the grounds and the park has the Oxbow River as a dividing line from the park next door, the rowdy park next door. There are many kinds of birds in evidence and they come to visit. We had initially booked next summer, too, but as circumstances changed we had to cancel. But we wouldn't hesitate to recommend this park and did. Two sets of friends came to stay for a week and were happy to be there, too. Don't take those negative reviews to seriously. Attitude is everything.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gail M

Thanks Gail. We loved having you -- sad that you are not rving anymore!

Reviewed September 20, 2017

I understand the need for rules, but I also know there are times when the rules don't need to be so Draconian!
First of all, the place is difficult to access if coming from the south...it requires you to almost make a u-turn on the main road; the bump into the property is excessive and once you are on the property, there is no way to back out, you have to drive all the way through the campsite to exit.
We arrived at around 11:30, only to be told that "Check in time is 1:00"
...during the off-season? There were maybe half a dozen other campers in the park and every site is clean...there was no reason why couldn't have occupied a site now and deal with the paperwork at 1:00. Most Provincial Parks allow this.
Whatever...we drove through and exited the park and should have kept going but for some reason we came back at 1:00 and the first thing I was told was that I would have to park my motorcycle on the street.
"Why?" I asked
"Because you are only allowed ONE VEHICLE per site...and that is another vehicle"
I cast a glance across the park as if to emphasize that there were literally DOZENS of empty sites, and one motorcycle would have NO IMPACT on the comfort of others, but ”Dave” was insistent that one of our “vehicles” would need to park on the street.
I suggested that we keep the bike in the back of the truck and the only time we would off-load was when we wanted to use it but “Dave” couldn’t make the decision himself and had to “check with the owner first” before agreeing to this arrangement.
As we drove in, I couldn’t help but notice the motor-home with a towed vehicle, parked in one site…isn't THAT the definition of "two vehicles in one site"?
I guess the “rules” can be bent, depending on who you are.
“Dave” escorted us to our site which was (surprise, surprise) blocked by the vehicle from the neighbouring site…once again, the “rules” only seem to be enforced in the office, instead of in the field.
When he couldn’t locate the owner, “Dave” suggested we move to another site, we agreed.
After setting up our trailer, we noticed how much smaller this new site was, in comparison to all the others, and how easily a “second” vehicle would fit into any of those. Like I said, I understand the need for rules…especially at the peak of the season when customers will try to take advantage of you, but when there are only six other units in a 60+ site park…you can/should bend to accommodate the people paying your bills.
Why he insisted on stuffing everyone into one corner of the park, instead of giving each some "elbow room", is a mystery.
As someone else mentioned, the road noise IS an issue…even in the off-season and the “Oxbow” is nothing more than an overgrown and smelly swamp; I can only imagine the number of mosquitoes here during the early summer. To enter this park, you need a “Pass” that is swiped at the gate. To exit requires cutting off the incoming lane, because of the angle of their driveway.
The grounds themselves are very clean and the washrooms are spotless, but for over $45/night, I think the showers could be free or at least 5 minutes long, instead of 4…I know that seems like nit-picking, but when it takes over ½ minute for the HOT water to start flowing, 3½ minutes isn’t long enough for a good shower.
Do yourself a favour and read all the rules and regulations BEFORE you drive in…chances are, you’ll keep going. Will not return nor recommend this place to anyone, friend or foe.

Room Tip: Keep driving...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Mr Q

The hosts were very shocked to see this review as the guests were very personable and got along with the hosts the whole time they were at the park. The hosts talked to this couple and were not told they were upset. Upsetting that people can not talk about how they feel -- just write about it.

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

This is our 3rd year returning to Oxbow RV Resort. Dave & Sue have always treated our family with friendly service. As with every respected RV resort there will be rules which are put in place to help their guests experience living in close proximity in a safe & clean environment. If you want to enjoy a family friendly camping experience free of rowdy party goers-Oxbow is the place to stay. It's located close to the beach & all amenities. One of the best & cleanest campgrounds we have stayed at & will continue to stay at. Thanks to a well managed team!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family