See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 20, 2015

If you are looking for hotel-like service, near the beach, walking distance to restaurants and shopping, you should stay in town. If you are looking for a quaint, charming, quiet, romantic cabin away from the hustle and bustle, the Lost Moose cabins are for you! This "tucked away" resort is a 10k drive from Penticton, high up in the hills with a stellar view! Quiet is definitely the word of the day, in fact there is not even cable....the owner Kathy actually went out of her way to bring us a wonderful array of DVD's to watch on the television. She was so accommodating and a really nice "down to earth" person. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda L
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We booked for the second week in August. Felt like we were driving to another province we were so far from the town and water was only a faint glimmer way in the distance. The campground looked like it hadn't been cleaned ever. The doors to the washrooms were on backwards and you had to squeeze to get in and out. My granddaughter said that she expected a zombie to walk out of one of the campsites. Family voted and we left, vowing never to return!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ida S
Jordan W, Owner at Lost Moose Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

We purchased the Lost Moose property and are now open for 2018 summer campers. My husband Jordan is a carpenter and has renovated the 3 cabins and with my interior design talents they are beautiful. And in the campground he installed new flush toilets; upgraded to heated showers; installed new water lines and sinks. And just a short walk from your camp site you can see breathtaking 180 degree views of Okanagan lake and the city of Penticton. We are only 15 min. drive up the hill from Skaha beach & park. You will enjoy treed private campsites and a bit of quiet from the tourism jungle down in the city. My name is Shauna and i look forward to welcoming you to the Lost Moose Campground and Cabins.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

My son stayed here for a week while attending a Referee camp in Penticton. He really appreciated the cool quiet atmosphere in the hills away from the heat of town. The best part (for him) were the excellent breakfasts prepared by Phil. He will likely be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I booked a camp site about 3-4 weeks before our trip by email which we found easy to do and our requests promptly responded to. We were arriving late so were given clear directions to our camp site. It was quiet with only 3 other sites being used that weekend so we found it peaceful. I liked that it was smaller and more in the wilderness than the bigger commercial sites where you are all in a line and competing with RVs. We didn't eat at the lodge but did have a nice drink there, they have a nice view. The bathrooms at the campground were clean and the showers hot. We would return. It does get cold at night up there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hilary S
Reviewed August 4, 2012

People:

10 years ago, we had a terrible meal at Lost Moose (who runs out of iced tea?). We felt that giving the restaurant 10 years might at least allow them to purchase inventory software. While that may have occurred, they apparently have not purchased email software (which I understood came free with most computers). After advertising on their website that we could book a reservation at their restaurant by email, and after giving express instructions as to what information to include, we sought to do just that. Auto-reply? No. Any reply? No. Granny and Gramps? No, as my grandparents understand email.

Answer me this: in this day and age, what business in the civilized Western world does not answer requests for email reservations? Even a 14 year-old’s no-caps “im sorry we’re really bzy we’ll get right back 2 u” would have been nice. Instead: absolutely nothing.

If these people can’t even hit “Reply”, please tell me how they can cook a steak? Advice: Give them a pass, and book with someone who has landed in the 1980’s.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Don't know about the closed restaurant but we purchased the Lost Moose property and are now open for 2018 summer campers. My husband Jordan is a carpenter and has renovated the 3 cabins and with my interior design talents they are beautiful. And in the campground he installed new flush toilets; upgraded to heated showers; installed new water lines and sinks. And just a short walk from your camp site you can see breathtaking 180 degree views of Okanagan lake and the city of Penticton. We are only 15 min. drive up the hill from Skaha beach & park. You will enjoy treed private campsites and a bit of quiet from the tourism jungle down in the city. My name is Shauna and i look forward to welcoming you to the Lost Moose Campground and Cabins.