“Wine Extravaganza!”

Connoisseur Wine Tours
Ranked #5 of 20 Tours in Penticton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wine Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Chartered Bus Rentals.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed November 1, 2017

We travelled to Summerland BC on October 14th and had booked a wine tour in the Oliver/Osoyoos region as I had been told that this is the best red wine region. The tour included 5 wineries and was for 6 hours. Our tour guide Nick was very informative and knew a lot about the region, having lived there most of his life. Once we picked 3 wineries and explained what we liked, we let him pick the other 2 and threw in a bonus winery, Painted Rock, which is a boutique winery in the most fantastic setting you can imagine! It was great to have a guide that "got it" when you were talking about what you liked. We also went to Hester Creek, Tinhorn Creek (where we also had a fantastic lunch), Gehringer Brothers, Fairview Cellars and Wild Goose. It was worth every penny. The only thing was, we did not receive any snacks except for crackers at one winery which is the reason for the very good rating instead of excellent. I still would recommend these tours and plan to go back on another tour in the summer months. There was no other fees as the tasting fees were included in the tour. The van was very comfortable and there was a lot to see on the drive.

Nicholas K, Owner at Connoisseur Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2018

Hi Sue

Thank you for the review. I am happy that you gave me a 4 star review instead of 5 and were honest about my shortcoming in this particular tour. I am not one to make excuses and so I would like to apologize for not offering you the snack platter that we offer everyone on our tours. In the offseason the wineries are empty and this makes our tours quite fast and so in the weeks prior to your tour no one was eating their snack platters. This is no excuse just an explanation as to why I did not to offer you your snacks but I was wrong and so once again I am sorry and if I am lucky enough to have you return as a customer I would love to make it up to you.

Sincerely

"naramata bench"
in 14 reviews
"bachelorette party"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"delicious snacks"
"next year"
"fantastic lunch"

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Connoisseur Wine Tours provided an awesome day of wine touring for us. This was my first experience on a wine tour, and Nick made it so enjoyable. Relaxing, fun and comfortable. Nick guided us to wineries which suited our tastes and had suggestions of which wines I’d like. The comfortable van enhanced the travel too. This day and Nick’s easy going approach made my birthday celebration truly memorable. Thanks Nick!!

Thanks for an excellent review and I'm happy you enjoyed the tour. We hope to see you again and thank you for choosing Connoisseur.

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

We have been on a few tours in the area and they can make or break the experience.....Nick definitely made it! He was knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. He paid attention to our likes and dislikes and tailored the experience accordingly. He is certainly customer oriented and he has gained future repeat customers in us!! Thanks for the great day Nick!

Hi Crystal

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your tour with me and that I gained some awesome repeat customers. I am definitely looking forward to seeing you again!

Thanks for choosing Connoisseur wine tours!

Reviewed September 25, 2017

I booked a tour through Connoisseur Wine Tours for a group of 10 women and had an excellent experience. Nick was very informative and there to answer our every need. We couldn't have asked for a better day. Looking forward to booking again next year!

Hi Kristin

Thanks for the kind review. I am always happy when I here someone enjoyed their tour with me. I am excited to hear you will be back in the years to follow and so I look forward to seeing you again.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 20, 2017

Had a wonderful experience with Connoisseur. My first time using their service and having used other tours in the past I found Ian to be a friendly and considerate driver, very receptive to our requests to visit less well-known wineries. Loved the fresh bread and wine tasting at Platinum and the exquisite luncheon at Kismet. Highly recommend the tour.

Hi Dexter

Thanks for taking the time to review us. It always makes me super happy to read good reviews on the staff here at Connoisseur. Ian has done a great job and we are happy that he is part of our team. Glad you enjoyed his picks of Platinum and kismet as well

Thanks