“A restaurant built on love”
Review of Theo's Restaurant

Theo's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 210 Restaurants in Penticton
Price range: US$11 - US$19
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Next time your journey takes you through the beautiful Okanagan Valley in Southern British Columbia, step off Penticton's Main Street and into a world of Greek enchantment, beauty, and outstanding flavours at Theo's Restaurant. Enjoy authentic baklava, souvlaki, lamb and more Mediterranean inspired cuisine.
Reviewed June 25, 2017

This is the best Greek food I've ever had! Perhaps the romantic story of Cretian Theo and Mary Theodosakis plays a big part of it. You need to visit to understand.

Dining at Theo's is like dining with your Greek family. All the servers, reception, and staff are said to be related. The space is a charming place that transports you to a taverna in Crete.

Sharing appetizers ordered was the tri-dip consisting of houmous, taramasalata, and tzatziki. They were the holy trinity of dips! We also had kalamarakia which wasn't over battered and extremely fresh. The lamb souvlaki was my main which was very tender and hearty with potatoes and rice pilaf. Then for dessert, I loved the ravani: a light fluffy orange cake that reminded me of my grandmother's orange chiffon.

Serving sizes are huge, so be ready to share. Evident from the service to food, to the entire dining experience, Theo's not-so-secret ingredient is LOVE.

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

I went here not that long ago and I'm a huge Greek fan, I always order the chicken souvlaki and ask for pita bread on the side but recently they've forgotten it several times even after I asked for it 2 or 3 times. Will be a little while before I go back...

Reviewed June 24, 2017

This restaurant has been around for four or five decades and I have made many visits. This time I was entertaining family and thought that the pleasant ambiance and friendly service would be perfect. The service was gracious and the food was generous and delicious. They were uncharacteristically miserly with the pita bread, only two pieces to accompany four dips for seven people! That aside, I will continue to keep this restaurant as one of my favourites in the Okanagan Valley.

Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

We went for dinner but unfortunately our daughter did not want to sit still for the duration so we had to take it to go. Having sat in the restaurant for a bit I can see how the ambience lends to the entire experience. Beautiful setting. Portions sizes are generous and the service is excellent. Our food came fast and they were very understanding about us having to leave. The food was good but not the best Greek I've had. I think eating the food in house with a nice glass of wine probably makes for the best experience.

Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

Not sure why this place is popular. Our 3rd visit and it is always the same. Not that great. Fillet of sole had a smokey burnt taste which came from the oil it was cooked in and no seasoning. If someone else. wasn't buying it would have been sent back

1  Thank Rich H