“Much more than a comfortable pub”
Review of Nancy O's

Nancy O's
Ranked #1 of 243 Restaurants in Prince George
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Description: No Minors Allowed
Reviewed November 23, 2012

When traveling for business it's always special when I find a restaurant that immediately makes me relax. Not your typical business restaurant, Nancy O's atmosphere is that of a comfortably worn pub. The menu may look familiar but the care with which the food is seasoned and prepared is high quality. My associates had the ribs and mash. I went for the seafood angel hair pasta with a hugh slice of artesian garlic bread. Perfect after a long day. And don't forget desert. Two of us had the banana cream pastry bathed in chocolate, with a surprise inside. Insanely good!

1  Thank 7472dn

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Becoming a regular customer... The last few months we were going for brunch every weekend. Their egg bennies are a must try! Also try their take on hot spinach deep... So rich and creamy. And get garlic mayo with everything if it's offered!
Delicious food that is always fast and hot out of the kitchen and worth the prices which are about average in this town! Portions are great, i always leave satisfied.
A huge beer selection!! Great fun to sample different types from around the world. They also have gluten free beers for those celiac or GI.
They often have events/artists come play on Fridays or Saturday's that require cover, and they have a small occupancy, so get there early! Great appy specials too which are mindblowingly delicious. They also have a student night! I have found that there is sometimes a dominating mature atmosphere during evenings; people in late 20s - 30s which is a nice change.
I like the decor which is very interesting with different types of seating throughout, kind of an open area with tables and chairs in the front.
The only thing that bothers me is the service. It's this kind of awkwardness. Servers sometimes seem not really invested in you or the amount you are enjoying your food/experience.. The owners are often there, so their cheeriness helps dilute the bored demeanor of many of the servers. But! I still go there often and nothing has deterred me yet! It's a great spot to casually dine in PG for good food and a different type of atmosphere.

1  Thank sochow13
Reviewed November 15, 2012

With the place 1/3 full at lunch on Wednesday, we waited an extremely long time to get our sandwich and fries. To the point we were discussing leaving, until we remember we had already paid. That has always irked me, but it is there business model.
We eat all over Prince George, and look forward to coming here. The ambience reminds us of the 60`s. The speed of the service and the blah lunch presentation made us think of some pub food we had had recently.

1  Thank Ron D
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Nancy O's has the rustic charm of a Bistro, with absolutely wonderful food and generous portion sizes. So many great sandwiches to choose from, it's always hard to make a choice. We attended the Comedy and dinner night and the pasta was the very best we had ever had in a restaurant!!! Nancy O's is one of the few restaurants in town that I recommend to all my friends!!

1  Thank Magjik
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Great place to spend an evening out. Owners are present which make for a memorable experience. Great live acts....especially the comedy.

1  Thank pgcouple