“we had 3 dinners here”

Don Cherry's Sports Grill
Ranked #26 of 79 Restaurants in Prince Rupert
Reviewed June 26, 2018

yes, we had coupons but even without it we'd come again. just the view worth checking. soups, ribs, burgers- all good

Reviewed May 26, 2018

My husband and I are regular visitors to PR. So very excited to watch Game 7 Stanely Cup Final Caps vs Lighning in Don Cherry's Sports Grill. We had to ask to put the game on. Staff could not get the volume to work so we missed the pre-game talks. We sat by the biggest TV but could not hear as the volume was set very low. Moved to the bar to hear it better but still, bar staff did not want to turn the volume up higher in fear they upset other patrons? What...
Our eyes are glued to the tiny TV above the bar with 1:17 seconds left in the game...the bar person #2 actually turned the TV to a basketabll game!! Her reason, there were other people in the bar besides us! Spiteful and so very poor in customer service. Although the floor server was so nice and friendly, we are very disapointed how the night went :(

Reviewed October 11, 2017

This place has good bar food and service is very good for large or small groups. Its in the Casino so a bit loud but worth the visit, the view is fantastic of the ocean!

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Very good pub style food. The weather was great, so the outside deck overlooking the ocean was very nice.

Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

I've been to don cherry's a few times a month for the past couple of years. In the past month or so they've changed the menu and prices. Maybe this change is something the kitchen is having a hard time adjusting to because I haven't had a decent meal there since. The food is awful; had nachos with barely any cheese and not melted at all, had stir fry with chicken that tasted like freezer burn, had chicken wings with the wrong sauce on them and appeared undercooked. Don't bother telling them how you'd like your steak cooked because it's always over done. My friend ordered a burger with no mushroom and sure enough his burger comes out loaded with mushrooms. And the worst part is they can never get your tables meals ready at the same time. And I don't mean big tables, I mean 3 or 4 people. So the first person who gets their food is finished their meal by the time the last person is starting to eat. I'm sad to have to write a bad review of this place because I used to really enjoy going there but after having so many bad experiences in a row, I'm not sure I can give them any more chances. The servers are so amazing, they try so hard, they are so kind and I almost feel sorry for them as you can see they can only do so much while the kitchen crumbles around them.
Truly hoping for improvement in the food.

1  Thank Amy B