Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Chip S

They DO try to please, but...

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 5, 2020
Our outdoor group stayed at the Rossland Motel for the second year running and, while I can commend Bree and her partner for making an effort, I can't say that they've been completely successful. On the positive side, the location is wonderful for those wanting to ski Red Mountain or backcountry in the Rossland Range or XC at Blackjack. The room with kitchen facilities that we had was roomy enough, warm and clean. The ski boot drier was much appreciated as were the many hooks on the walls for drying gear.

Problems arose in blocking off a set of rooms for our group. Compounded by language challenges, it was difficult to be sure of just what arrangements had been made. Emails were not sent automatically to confirm the arrangements, had to be requested and when sent did not included prices.

One couple dropped out of the trip because, on calling the Motel, they were told no more rooms were available. This was not the case. There were at least 3 still blocked off. They were also given a much higher room rate than we had previously spoken about.

Our room had a malfunctioning toilet on at least 2 occasions.

I don't believe that the hot tub was working. It showed no signs of use.
Date of stay: December 2019
    • eDreams
    • Lol.travel
    2.7 km from Lone Star Motel - Rossland, BC
    Free parking
    Location... location ....location....Ski to your door, enjoy your private hottub, relax by the fire with mountain views.
    • Vio.com
    3.2 km from Lone Star Motel - Rossland, BC
    View more hotels in Rossland
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed February 18, 2019

Made a reservation for a 3 people in a suite with 2 bedrooms and a kitchen. Was given a room with 2 beds (not 2 bedrooms) and no kitchen, but was still charged for the more expensive room. When I asked how they planned to fix the problem, the woman at the front desk told me she was going to charge me $10 more per night because the reservation was for 2 people, not 3 (this was a lie). She then told me that if I wanted to move into the suite I had booked, I had to pay another $30 per night, even though I'd already paid for the more expensive room.

Avoid this place at all costs.

Date of stay: February 2019
    • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

I booked in January on Hotels.com. About 2 1/2 weeks ago, the hotel called and asked me to rebook with them directly. I rebooked, and 2 weeks later I get a phone message asking me to call about a credit card issue. When I called back, they had given my room away. I perceive they were scheming to address a problem with being overbooked. I would not recommend booking with this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed April 17, 2018

Very nice rooms - came with good sized fridge, microwave, oven/stove top, kettle, coffee maker, tv, etc.. Beds were very comfy and we all had great sleeps. Would recommend for anyone staying in Rossland. Not next to everything, about a five/tn minute drive the main town area.

Date of stay: March 2018
    • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Clean, quiet, hot tub, ski tune room and next to Red Mtn - perfect ski motel! The town of Rossland is wonderful with some tasty restaurants and a great grocery store. We were very happy with our stay at the Rossland Motel!

Date of stay: February 2018
    1  Thank CaseyMarie820
    Reviewed February 22, 2018

Why do you place a bad when it is absolutely impossible to fill it with warm water? You can't even take a long shower ;-((
    We had the business room: the kitchen(ette) was a water heater on top of a microwave on top of a fridge - we have seen that many times but I would not call that a kitchenette....

Room tip: There are better options in Rossland.... if you want it very basic, its okay
    Date of stay: February 2018