“Great flavours!”

Rock Salt Restaurant & Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Global flavour and island comfort in an 180 degree ocean view dining room. We make everything from scratch and emphasize local ingredients. Our menu is varied with numerous options for carnivores, vegetarians, kids and gluten free diets. We also have a full service in house bakery, grab and go deli and espresso bar.
Salt Spring Island
“Great flavours!”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I love the salads and curry dishes, my son loves the grilled chicken burger with cranberry chutney so much has asks to go out for lunch with me on the weekends there and he is a teenager so that really says something!!! Such great recipes here - it's food with purpose. No wasted calories!

• Visited October 2011

portland,OR
“One of Our Favorite Restaurants on the Island”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

With the closing of the Fulford Inn this is only restaurant remaining on the south end of the Island. For ferry travelers it is very convenient being right by the terminal to Schwartz Bay, but parking can be a problem.

Though small it is very pleasant with views over the water and a nice outside patio in summer. The service is always very friendly and efficient. The food can be variable, depending on the chef du jour..there is a bit of a revolving door here. Bruce left to open his own place in Ganges and Jonathan has just gone to Moby's. But generally it is good. We especially like the mussels. Definitely recommend it for ferry travelers.

• Visited October 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My husband and I had lunch here and we liked it. I had the veggie burger and it was excellent and my hubs enjoyed his burger as well. Service was friendly and the view was spectacular. We would go back.

Vancouver, Canada
“a fly sat on the spanikopita”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

The spanikopita was plump and had pumpkin seeds spinkled on top. And then we watched a fly land. That's a deal breaker for me. Not one of the employees appeared to notice.

Visited October 2011
jillthomas, General Manager at Rock Salt Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this review, 22 October 2011
Well, I would absolutley love to tell you that it was a plastic fly but that would be a lie.
Sorry if we offended you - we did not try!
Victoria
“Rock Salt Revisited”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Well, I recently wrote a reasonably negative review of the Rock Salt. If you read it you'll note that the Rock Salt had been a favorite of my wife and I for a few years now but we had a pretty rough visit which I wrote up.

Well, we gave it another shot last week and I'm happy to say that things seem to be back to normal. The food was great, the service was great, and all in all the experience was back where it used to be.

I don't hesitate to write negative reviews so it's only fair to write positive ones when the situation warrants it and in this case it absolutely does.

I'm happy that things are right again. I don't know if our bad experience was a 'one of' or if there was trouble that they've since fixed. Either way, I don't care - I'm just glad that I can happily recommend the Rock Salt again.

• Visited September 2011
Thank you for giving us another go around! We are so pleased that we got it right this time & hope that a bad day was being had by all the last time. We appreciate our customers and really care what they think. See you soon!