“Gumbo must try”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Wonderful place with lotsa tacos variety. Gumbo is available and superb. Do try the coffee just across the shops.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Feeling peckish while en route to Tofino? Skip the restaurants in Tofino and check out this not so out of the way place hidden on the side of the road 'cuz it's worth it! My husband and I milled about in Tofino and felt the pangs of hunger but couldn't find any interesting casual places to eat. Voila! The 'hunt' for Wildside Grill was on. Back onto the Pacific Rim Hwy searching until we found the small and interesting island plaza that housed Wildside Grill, a chocolate shop and other cool shops but I digress.

With lots of choices, we stand patiently in line (yes there is a line up but it's worth it!) deciding what to eat. My stomach is growling and I can't decide as everything sounds so yummy. I decide on the oyster burger and order that with a side of fries to share with hubby. He orders a burger and the gumbo to take the chill off the coolness of the day. We patiently wait under the covered area ( not bricks and mortar restaurant) for our order to be called and finally it's ready.

The oyster burger was 'huge' and enough for two people. I took home half of it for dinner ( lucky me!). It was hot, crispy, and had just the right amount of chili mayo. The oysters were huge, plentiful, and not greasy. The fries were also crispy and delicious. I died and went to foodie heaven! The gumbo was excellent and hubby enjoyed his meaty burger as well.

In spite of it being super popular with the locals and tourists, this place rocks at being efficient and serving excellent food. You definitely gotta eat here!

1  Thank beeflyingaround
Reviewed 7 April 2017

I Had the fish and chips. And my husband had the carnitas. The food was really good and fresh. We look forward to the next visit.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Fish tacos where great, fresh fish and fast service. Watch out for the crows, they like to steal your food when your not looking!

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Have been here a few times and I am sure I will be back once again.

It is in the same complex as the famous Tacofino. Which means the parking lot is usually quite busy. On the upside, the grill is tucked back a bit and most people don't get here.

It has good pub grub kinda food. Hamburgers, fries, fish, shrimp and sandwiches.

They only have outdoor seating that has some cover, but otherwise it is an eat in your vehicle kind of place. Also, the only washrooms are for the whole complex and are located in the next building over.