“Good in a pinch”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 19 April 2017

This place is good for a quick fast food like meal. It's outdoors only so no gale force winds dining.

1  Thank Morey C
There are newer reviews for wildside grill

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Fresh and tasty, super friendly and efficient crew. Order here and save the two hour line up at Tacofino. Oyster and chips is by far the most legit of the menu with the Gumbo coming in close second. Super place to eat, always consistent and tasty to boot.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Wonderful place with lotsa tacos variety. Gumbo is available and superb. Do try the coffee just across the shops.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Feeling peckish while en route to Tofino? Skip the restaurants in Tofino and check out this not so out of the way place hidden on the side of the road 'cuz it's worth it! My husband and I milled about in Tofino and felt the pangs of hunger but couldn't find any interesting casual places to eat. Voila! The 'hunt' for Wildside Grill was on. Back onto the Pacific Rim Hwy searching until we found the small and interesting island plaza that housed Wildside Grill, a chocolate shop and other cool shops but I digress.

With lots of choices, we stand patiently in line (yes there is a line up but it's worth it!) deciding what to eat. My stomach is growling and I can't decide as everything sounds so yummy. I decide on the oyster burger and order that with a side of fries to share with hubby. He orders a burger and the gumbo to take the chill off the coolness of the day. We patiently wait under the covered area ( not bricks and mortar restaurant) for our order to be called and finally it's ready.

The oyster burger was 'huge' and enough for two people. I took home half of it for dinner ( lucky me!). It was hot, crispy, and had just the right amount of chili mayo. The oysters were huge, plentiful, and not greasy. The fries were also crispy and delicious. I died and went to foodie heaven! The gumbo was excellent and hubby enjoyed his meaty burger as well.

In spite of it being super popular with the locals and tourists, this place rocks at being efficient and serving excellent food. You definitely gotta eat here!

1  Thank beeflyingaround
Reviewed 7 April 2017

I Had the fish and chips. And my husband had the carnitas. The food was really good and fresh. We look forward to the next visit.