“pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tuff Beans
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Tofino
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Bellingham, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Went looking for more of a sit down breakfast spot then an expresso bar, turns out we got both. Being winter, most places were closed, so i thought we were settling for a pastry, i was wrong. I had a full breakfast of eggs, toast, hash browns, and bacon. Wife had the ranchero wrap, which is like a primo deluxe breakfast burrito, which i was lucky enough to get to finish. The power went out while we were there, they rolled with the punches and still had our food out in no time, it did take the wi fi down, but you can't expect miracles right?

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank TheTrout19

Nanaimo, BC
“Yummy Breakfast!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I would reccommend eating either breakfast or lunch here at least once during your stay. The food was fresh, the service was great and the selcetion was good too.

Visited February 2012
Tofino, Canada
“Best soup in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

I live in Tofino and find most local eateries ridiculously pricey. Though I don't drink coffee, I do order their soup and sandwich special from time to time and find the soup excellent regardless of what soup they serve that day. My partner reports Tuff Bean's mochas are the best in town. The staff is responsive and friendly.

• Visited December 2011
vancouver
“Great coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

As my husband is a bit of a coffee snob - we had to find a good place to go. Thankfully the owner of the B&B suggested this place and we were very happy :) It looked like they offered some tasty meals here too although we didn't eat there, except for some nice baked goods.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank deaksVancouver
Ann Arbor, MI
“A Tasty Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

My wife stopped in here for coffee and a quick breakfast while on an extended vacation. I ordered a sausage and egg sandwich on ciabatta bread while my wife just got a bagel. The sandwich was surprisingly tasty, chipotle mustard perhaps, and well presented. I'm including a photo I took so you can judge for yourself. More importantly, my wife said their coffee was good, not faint praise since my wife is an unforgiving coffee connoisseur who turns thumbs down on most restaurant brews. One caveat--my wife simply ordered a coffee but was given a jumbo sized jug of java. Be careful what you order.

• Visited September 2011