“Glad I did it! ”
Review of Ocean Outfitters

Ocean Outfitters
Ranked #3 of 51 Tours in Tofino
More attraction details
Owner description: Tofino's carbon neutral adventure tour company. Join Ocean Outfitters for adventures in Clayoquot Sound including guaranteed whale watching, bear watching, coastal hot springs tours, private charters, sea to sky tours and Meares Island walks, remote kayaking, remote SUP, salt and freshwater fishing. Comfortable covered vessels and zodiacs. Free parking. Organic espresso bar. Open year round for hot springs tours. FUN and educational. Book online and save!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

There's nothing but awesome things to say about this outfit. From the conversation on the phone to the absolutely breath taking adventure, it was 100% satisfaction the whole way. I was seriously contemplating even going since I'm a scardy cat but the staff made me feel so relaxed and comfortable I actually stepped out of my comfort zone and had fun! These people are very experienced and knowledgeable people. I'm glad I chose Ocean Outfitters, they made our experience so much more.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

We had a really great time. We did the boat trip out to Hot Springs Cove. Saw whales and eagles from the boat and had a great time in the springs. Our captain was very knowledgable about the area and the wildlife that we saw.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

A local shopkeeper recommended this tour company. We were impressed by the friendly service and their commitment to be carbon-neutral and respectful of the environment. We booked our tour on short notice.
We took a short boat tour to two different points on Meares Island. We walked the "Big Tree Trail", with spectacular old-growth forest. It is maintained by the local Tla-o-qui-aht tribal people. There is a boardwalk to protect the forest ecosystem; it's currently being repaired but fairly rough in spots. It's about an hour each way, ending at what is reportedly the biggest western cedar tree in Canada. This was the site of protests to protect the forest from logging in the 1980s. I was thrilled to see this special place. Delivery and pickup went smoothly.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

It was a beautiful day in Tofino so we popped in to see about whale watching. There were no afternoon trips booked, but there were others who wanted to go so they put on an extra departure for us.

Yani in the office was cheerful and helpful and got us all geared up, then we spent over 3hrs on the water with Captain Ron. 9 of us went out in a zodiac, which was immaculate. We saw at least 8 whales, tonnes of seals, sea lions, and a cute little otter. Ron was very knowledgeable but definitely not boring.

Would highly recommend this trip!

OOutfitters, General Manager at Ocean Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Exciting! Thanks for the beautiful review. We appreciate it!

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Spencer was a great help and the boat captain (sorry I forgot your name) was very knowledgeable and provided lots of information. We saw one whale up as close as they could get for about 20 minutes. Great trip all around.

OOutfitters, General Manager at Ocean Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Very happy you had a memorable experience!