“Tofino Big 5!”
Review of Ocean Outfitters

Ocean Outfitters
More attraction details
Owner description: Tofino's carbon neutral adventure tour company. Join Ocean Outfitters for adventures in Clayoquot Sound including guaranteed whale watching, bear watching, coastal hot springs tours, private charters, sea to sky tours and Meares Island walks, remote kayaking, remote SUP, salt and freshwater fishing. Comfortable covered vessels and zodiacs. Free parking. Organic espresso bar. Open year round for hot springs tours. FUN and educational. Book online and save!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Ocean Outfitters exceeded my expectations in every way. Highest quality equipment and boats, kind and friendly staff and the best ocean guide we could have asked for. Captain Ron was welcoming, experienced, informative and made the entire experience.

He wants every guest to have the best experience possible, and works hard to find as many sightings as he can. Incredibly, we saw everything. Howling wolves, black bear, soaring bald eagles, grey whales, a puffin and the ever elusive orca - which was even more incredible than we could have imagined.

Individually, these were each very special signings. Together, they created a bucket list trip that will never be forgotten. Thank you Captain Ron! We are so grateful!

We are coming back soon and can't wait for our next trip with Ocean Outfitters!

All reviews
in 31 reviews
"wildlife viewing"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed June 22, 2017

Designed by our guide, Spencer, this kayak tour is unlike all others. A private remote locale, an abundance of wildlife, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and small groups are some of the things that make this tour a must-do in Tofino. We chose this over the hot springs and were thoroughly happy with our choice.

Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

This tour is very special. You can paddle on very calm and quiet ocean with a very nice local guide, Spencer! He took us to a inlet by a boat. On our way to his kayak dock, we could see a wild bear, too! He turned off the engine and we quietly came closer to it. (It was not really close because we have to keep distance from the wild animals. And I liked it.) We took some time to see it and went to the dock. Suddenly the dock appeared in front of us.
I could get on brand-new kayak. He told us he started this special tour last winter so we could use things all new. Though everything of thie tour is new, he is a really exprienced and reliable sea kayaking guide. He knows a lot about ocean and nature.
The paddling with him and another guest was fantastic. No one was on the ocean except us. Quiet and silent. He told us about nature and history during the tour. I enjoyed paddling along the coast and rockie garden as well. I think everybody can enjoy with him and the area. I would love to join his tour again.

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

Wow! My partner and I did the 2:30 pm hot springs cove tour yesterday--what an experience full of Tofino's MAGIC! The zodiac boat ride was so fun, guided by our lovely tour guide, Jesse. Jesse was extremely knowledgable about the area, took us weaving through islands on the way to the springs, not rushing when we spotted a humback whale(!) on the way in, surfing waves on the way back to Tofino, he was really great.
Can't say enough about all of the wildlife spotted, the magic of the forest walk and hot springs upon arriving to the destination. Ocean outfitters provides a really great tour that submerges you in the experience. Highly reccomend!!