All reviews common room great location soap and shampoo ice machine walking distance to everything reasonable rates clean rooms lounge area free coffee main floor stayed for nights amazing views essentials luxury linens bathtub sunset
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

What a great view and friendly place!
We like the staff, the music, the place and the pub. We will come back next summer. With no hesitation.
Was great to hear our friend playing music.
Thank you guys!

Reviewed July 22, 2018

A fantastic experience from start to finish. The Maq is easy to find and located close to the waterfront with amazing views across the bay from the reception area/lounge and from my room. Incredible for sunset watching.The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and there is a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere in the lounge area, there was even a cello recital and free local wine tasting one of the evenings I was there! I stayed for 3 nights and can honestly say the bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in, a generous king with what must have been some kind of luxury mattress topper..... I had excellent sleep whilst I was there. I'll be going back for sure...........

Room tip: I'd ask for one of the second floor rooms facing the water
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights at the Maq and had a great experience. The room we stayed in was clearly recently renovated with a comfortbale king bed.

We were able to literally walk everywhere during our stay as the hotel was right in town, including dinners, our bear watching tours, and for our groceries.

Staff were super nice and welcoming as well. We will definitely be coming back to the Maq when we visit Tofino again!

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Wow... All i have to say is wow everything from good vibes,to cheap drinks at the Maq pub and very friendly staff. I would recommend choosing this place if ever visiting tofino,located right in the town center, only a stone's throw away from the inlet and right behind the free shuttle stop that goes to Cox bay. Best sunsets in town right down the street from 1st Street dock.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

The staff are all amazingly friendly. The Maq has had recent renovations and enjoys a very classy feel. Very impressed with the facility for being the cheapest accommodations in town. I would stay here everytime I am in town.