We stayed at Pacific Sands for three nights during a weeklong stay on Vancouver Island. First off, the resort is located on a gorgeous section of BC coastline, with a huge sandy beach and a rocky and rugged but accessible hike to a beautiful scenic point with tide pools and a mini rain forest. Those natural amenities are the draw to this resort, but that's where the beauty ends. For the price, Pacific Sands offers mediocre amenities. This is an all-suite facility -- there are no full service restaurants on the site (a rustic beach shack is the only meal option on the property), so cooking in or eating at a local restaurant are the only options and Tofino is a 10 minute drive. We planned to eat dinners in, but our unit was equipped with low end cookware and utensils. We attempted one meal in our unit and gave up. Housekeeping is spotty, and this is a repeated and common theme through all of the reviews of this property. The housekeeping staff actually skipped out unit on our final full day, which was amazing, considering the per night rate. Bikes are available for guest use, but there is a $15 or $30 charge, which seemed like a nuisance given the high cost of staying here. Although the beach is beautiful, this resort simply lacks the customer service and amenities of a high end resort. Construction of the new buildings continues and our unit was close to that noisy area. If we come back to Tofino, we'll try another option, and there are many to choose from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pacific Sands Beach Resort is located on 41 pristine acres of property and 2500 feet of ocean front on Cox Bay. Adjacent to the Pacific Rim National Park all suites and Luxury Beach Houses offer spectacular ocean or beach front views, mesmerizing sunsets and breathtaking storm watching. A walk to Pettinger Point is a must. Enjoy unrivaled culinary splendors at one of Tofino's many restaurants. Adventure tours of the Clayoquot Sound, beach combing and surfing are the most popular activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Pacific Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Sands Beach Hotel Tofino
- Pacific Sands Beach Tofino
- Pacific Sands Beach Resort Tofino, Vancouver Island