Our room was beautiful, facing the rocks/ocean. Lovely bathroom. If you go as a couple and decide to use the spa services, please get a hot stone massage in the Ancient Cedars Spa's couple room. The Sea Flora products are excellent. The sound of the waves is simply delicious. A wee warning: if you're tempted to do something exotic, I would skip the "Hishuk Ish Tsawalk Awakening Treatment" and go for a straight hot stone massage instead. The ritual aspect of it was interesting (in a thematic and theatrical way), but the highlight was the massage and the rest of it seemed like entertainment.
Walks along the beach are unique (the sand is packed quite solidly, as opposed to "regular" sandy beaches) - the waves make a beautiful impression on the wet sand and bits of driftwood and seaweed seem like decorations strewn across the terrain. Bask in the smell of the trees, ocean and nature all-round. Take a little walk in Tofino - there are some great little stores with very reasonably priced souvenirs. If you're into natural body care, Sea Wench has some lovely products.
I would LOVE to return one day, hopefully sooner rather than later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Chateaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to refined West Coast cuisine at The Pointe Restaurant and naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa. Tofino’s McDiarmid family welcomes you to this locally owned, world renowned sanctuary offering Rustic Elegance on Nature’s Edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd and World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel Tofino
- The Wickaninnish Hotel And Pointe
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Tofino, Vancouver Island