Tofino and Wickaninnish Inn are the highlight of our Canada/US west coast road trip and probably one of the most cherished memories of 2016.
The staff are warm and welcoming and somehow know just the perfect thing for all occasions: recommendation for a quick bite before a whale watching trip, detailed directions to wherever you need to go and a glass of port in your room to warm up after a few hours on the stormy ocean.
The room (Deluxe on the third floor of the Wickaninnish at the Pointe) was cosy and fitted out to perfection: rain coats and umbrellas for beach walks, a fire place (albeit gas) and some great nature books for a cosy evening indoors plus a balcony to watch the waves crash against the ragged coast with your morning coffee. The double soaking tub set against a picture window and the glass enclosed shower with ocean views were just icing on cake.
The coastline and the surrounding forests are breathtaking (the best morning run I've had in ages) and the hotel restaurant takes full advantage of that: beautiful setting! The fact that the food is also good almost feels like an added bonus.
In summary, a simple, rustic, no frills hideaway that does everything it set out to do to perfection. This is one of those rare finds around which I would be willing to plan my next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Chateaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to refined West Coast cuisine at The Pointe Restaurant and naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa. Tofino’s McDiarmid family welcomes you to this locally owned, world renowned sanctuary offering Rustic Elegance on Nature’s Edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel Tofino
- The Wickaninnish Hotel And Pointe
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Tofino, Vancouver Island