All reviews guest house every morning double trouble breakfast waffles peanut butter laid back nick deck surfing accommodations
Reviewed September 3, 2014

I've been hesitant about submitting a review for this place because my stay at the guesthouse was mixed:

I stayed at the guesthouse on two separate nights during my trip in Tofino (at the start and end of the trip). The first night was great, Jane was really nice and showed me around very quickly! I didn't spend much time socializing and went straight to bed (driving all the way there by myself was exhausting). The breakfast was great and the owner seemed very keen on helping other guests to get around and catch amazing deals of surf lessons or excursions. I was looking forward to my next stay at the end of my trip.

My second night was slightly different. I was definitely more relaxed and social, as I had ended a surf camp. The owner (Nick) offered all of us a shot of Fireball but I ended up having to take more than everybody, which I thought was weird. Nick went on to say that I was cuter, more social and nicer if I had alcohol in me. Like other girls had mentioned, Nick asked too many questions about why I came to Tofino by myself. He told me to lighten up a bunch of times and definitely made me feel bad for not staying there the whole time, and said that I had been a cold person to him on the first night. His flirtatious ways definitely made my night awkward and I just couldn't get out of there faster.

It's really too bad because the place itself is awesome and the people who work and stay there are really great. Nick just needs to step it down a couple of notches and be more professional towards his guests.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
23  Thank Valérie D
nickinvictoria, Owner at Tofino Travellers Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

We are blessed with so many wonderful travellers here at the guesthouse, but every once in a while we have a problem case as is this one. They say they are hesitant to write a review but they do so right away. They go for as much impact as possible. They run to the internet to vent. While at the guesthouse they talk about buying drugs, their boyfriends habits and so on.... it is just not a good fit.

We, and everyone associated here are trained to make sure guests fit in, the guests are stable and honest. We are not a hotel, people take pride knowing we are looking after their best interest. If you have something to hide then it will probably not be a good fit. I am sorry but the safety of everyone is more important. We ask questions, it is not really even for the answers to questions but to ensure it is a good fit here.

Lastly we attract people from all over the world to help out here. As you can see from the amazing reviews. We are consistently in top of reviews on most major sites. This year we have asked 3 people to leave, and we will continue to do this to ensure the safety of everyone here.

I truly wish you the best but we can't be flexible with safety.

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

The beautiful little house is very cozy. It rather seems to be a house share than a hostel or just B&B. The owner is very friendly and a little bit crazy. He takes time for us showing tofino and some special locations and places around the hostel. Very helpful! Rooms and facilities are clean. We had the bunk fun city with 4 beds. 6 also available. Full recommendation!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We took a Mother~Daughter road trip in Aug 2014 and stayed a full week in Tofino with Nick and his house full of wonderful people ... We had such a BLAST! This is a very unique, comfortable, family~friendly, authentic, cozy and SUPER SPECIAL place to stay which you simply don't find every day ~ DON'T want to miss out ... book early ... you really won't regret it. I know for sure we will be back. Thanks Nick and to all who helped make our trip so unforgettable! Jo and Lauren

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I planned to stay in Tofino for one week and ended up staying for more than two. It was too because of the Travellers Guesthouse that I kept extending.
It is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. All the facilities are very clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Not to forget the breakfast waffles. Just great!
I met a lot of very nice people at the Guesthouse and had a really good time. Thank you!
Hope to be back someday soon.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

A very homey place. Great coffee and waffle breakfast to start your day. Nick is very helpful with planning your adventures. A great place to stay. Surfing was the best.Thanks we had a great time, will more then likely come back for another visit.

Stayed: July 2014