“Great food and hospitality!”
Review of RedCan Gourmet

RedCan Gourmet
Ranked #4 of 60 Restaurants in Tofino
Price range: US$12 - US$50
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed June 21, 2018

This is a great place to eat. The food is gourmet-level, truly. We stopped for lunch and I had the best sandwich I’d ever had, high praise given that I am nearing 65 years old. The owner visited with us, despite being very busy. We saw people taking boxes of sandwiches out of there, so my opinion isn’t unique. You also can find them a bit out of the village, so you can stop before you shop!

1  Thank james w

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Great sandwiches and very friendly staff. Great place to grab something on the go. Also have good looking salads and specials

Reviewed February 21, 2018

I realize this is low season for you, but your website says open. Two visits in mid afternoon on Feb 20 and 21 and locked up. No sign on the door or window. What gives??
Have always enjoyed your baked good s and even dessert catering to our wedding five years ago but this ain't performance. Are you still in business?

9  Thank john w
Reviewed December 29, 2017

Tim from RedCan did a fantastic job preparing Christmas Eve and Christmas Day meals for myself, my husband and my parents. We picked everything up on Dec 23rd and simply reheated it for the next two nights. The food was amazing and the price was reasonable. It saved us a lot of time and work getting supplies to Tofino.
My husband and I have also been to RedCan in the summer - the pizzas and sandwiches are also great to enjoy there on the patios or to take away to the beach.

Reviewed October 20, 2017

Our first experience at the RedCan Gourmet was two take-out pizzas. The late afternoon service was great - cashier and chefs.

I think their main business is take-out and picnics, but they do have a nice seating area too. You can order at the cashier and then wait for your food in that area.

The value for the quality of food was great. An amazing pizza (00 flour, thicker crust than I am used to) was <$16 I think. We drove to our beach house for dinner at home. Both of us thought the pizza was one of the best we had ever had. So of course we went back a few nights later ...

Our second visit was disappointing. The cashier was obviously new, so even making allowances for that - it was under-average service. While we waited (a VERY long time for a pizza and a pulled pork sandwich which was their daily special) we noticed that three people came in, waited at the cash register and were not served after 5+ minutes so they left - which is exactly what I would have done).

Our food was not good. I didn't eat even half of my pulled pork sandwich. My friend ordered exactly the same pizza as she did the first time, and she said it was not even half as good as the first. The salad was a generous serving and fresh. We picked the wrong night (1/2 till closing time) and the wrong chef on our second visit!

The service is slow, but if you're looking for a picnic lunch (call ahead with your order and I hope someone picks up the phone) this would be a good choice.

1  Thank LITTOC