Best Western Tin Wis Resort(Tofino)(Great Value!)
US$408
US$358
US$167
Pacific Sands Beach Resort(Tofino)
3,392 results
All reviewsgreat roomsurf clubthe penthousethe cottagesoceanfront roomhot tublong beachsurf shopsurf lessonscontinental breakfastbeautiful resortocean frontgranolabottle of winegas fireplacesalmonlaid back
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Excellent location right on Cox Bay. Look out on surf competitions, waves exploding on rocks in winter, and colourful sunsets. Like so many of the great old lodges, like Jasper Park Lodge, the main building overlooks the main feature (the beach) and the cabins are tucked unobtrusively into the surrounding wilderness. The lodge gives the feeling of entrenched quality and the staff are skilled at making customers feel catered to. The ocean provides the biggest and best swimming pool in western Canada, if you don't mind wearing a wet suit. The steady encroachment of develoment along the coastline of the Tofino peninsula has resulted in wildlife being pushed to desperation. Long Beach Lodge actually left some intact rainforest and unfortunately a cougar sought refuge near there and was subsequently shot... it is a fine balance developing wilderness areas and keeping animal habitat intact.

Room Tip: Get Cody to show you the choices...a cabin nestled in the rainforest with a private hot tub or open ocean views from the lodge.
Reviewed September 30, 2011

When I made my booking with long beach lodge, via their Internet booking system, I requested a cottage on the beach... Possibly I was mislead by the website thinking there were cottages on the beachfront? However, my booking was accepted & confirmed, with no mention that our cottage would not be beachfront.

This was to be the highlight of our trip to Canada for our special place to stay. When we arrived we were informed by an unfriendly staff member at check in that there were no beachfront cottages!! My booking confirmation never stated this & I booked expecting this (I specifically requested a beachfront cottage). I was left disappointed & feeling a little cheated.

The staff in the dining room were also a slight bit on the rude side.

The location of the lodge is lovely & if you want a beach view, book a lodge room (I would have appreciated someone during the booking stage pointing this out!). The lodge is a fair way out from Tofino itself. A great place if you enjoy beach walks.

I'm not one to complain, but when you ask specifically for beachfront & believe you are paying for that... I expected so much more!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Compared to some places on Vancouver Island, this is more of a tame civilised beach resort. I think it was the only place we stayed at where we saw no wildlife. We had originally wanted a lodge but were glad on arrival that this had been refused on account of our stay being only two nights. The room looking out to the beach was delightful, even if the open plan window from bathroom to bedroom was not a particularly welcome novelty. The location is great and access to the beach immediate. The view from the dining room is also dramatic, but this room was always full and noisy when we ate. The dining staff tried hard, but diners were a commodity and it lacked a personal approach. However the reception staff were really helpful with a travel problem we had and Theresa went well beyond the call of duty in helping us out. It is convenient for Tofino, which is delightful to visit and shop for going home presents.

Room Tip: The lodges do not open onto the beach, but ground floor rooms do.
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights in April this year. The room was amazing, very comfy bed with a huge bathroom. We were located just above the main lounge area so we shared the stunning uninterrupted views of the beach, the sea and the sunset. However, I was compelled to go to the lounge and sit on the sofa's or chairs each afternoon, whilst the sun streamed in. A perfect location.
Breakfast was superb, dinner was also good, although I think I remember it being quite expensive.
Country-style luxury.

Room Tip: Request one with a sea view, very obvious!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed our 2-day stay with you. The Long Beach Lodge provided an excellent base from which to explore the area on foot and by car. In all, a unique part of BC and Canada made more enjoyable by 'the lodge'. Thanks

Room Tip: Our second floor room give a great view of the beach and ocean.