3,483 results
All reviews great room surf club the penthouse the cottages oceanfront room hot tub long beach surf shop surf lessons continental breakfast beautiful resort ocean front granola bottle of wine gas fireplace laid back salmon
Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

Great place to stay!! Stayed in a cottage was very clean and spacious! Private hot tub was great! Had dinner in the Great Room and the food was not only well presented and delicious but the service was amazing especially our waiter Mike! Stellar job guys!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2017

What a nice review, thank you. Mike will be very appreciative of your comment. We would love to welcome you back again, on your next trip to Tofino.

Reviewed November 24, 2017

I have stayed at this wonderful resort four times now. Each time has been a wonderful overall experience, but this time a new wrinkle appeared which definitely affected my experience in a negative way. The great room is simply amazing. Spacious and yet cozy, an elevated view of the beach in front of your eyes, a large wood burning fireplace, what could possibly spoil this?? I found out. My first morning there I was so looking forward to sitting on the sofa in the great room before it became busy, enjoying a hot cup of coffee and watching the sun slowly rise over the ocean. Unfortunately, this moment was ruined as I was forced to listen to a wailing electric guitar solo from the Fleetwood Mac music which was playing very loudly over the sound system at 7:00 am. I asked the waitress if she wouldn't mind turning it down for the short time I was there. She responded that she "would try" but told me they are "supposed to have this music playing" and implied that she had little control over it. I later asked the hotel manager about this. She was very kind and agreed to make sure the music was actually turned off the next morning at 7:00 as this was my last day of a two day visit. I appreciated this gesture, but was annoyed that I actually had to bring this to anybody's attention. Perhaps I am way off base here and sadly may be in the minority, but do the hotel owners really think that their guests want to listen to loud rock music being blared in the great room at 7:00 am? If this is what the majority of their guests want then I understand this is just a business decision. But what if most guests do not want this? I understand the desire for some type of music. If the place is dead silent it becomes to feel like a morgue......nobody wants that. Perhaps they could be a bit more creative in their choice of music in the morning? Fleetwood Mac? Screaming electric guitar solo at 7:00 am?
Really? Certainly not what I came to Tofino and the Long Beach Lodge for.

Room Tip: Cabins and main lodge are both excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

I am the hotel owner and I do not endorse loud music in the morning or any other time. I will talk to the manager to make sure, this experience is not repeated. Fleetwood Mac at any volume is probably a mistake! I am sorry that you felt annoyed that you had to bring it up with the manager, without feedback or comment you could have been upset the next morning as well. With the exception of the breakfast music, I sincerely hope that the rest of your visit was great overall.

Reviewed November 24, 2017

My boyfriend and I had an amazing time we had the penthouse suite in the view was spectacular the sounds of the ocean was amazing the staff was very helpful we ate in the dining room and the food was perfect the atmosphere was cosy it now has become one of our vacation destinations

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2017

From the moment we arrived at the resort, we were treated as though we were the most important guests there. Everything was perfect - from the accommodations, to the cuisine, to the libations, to the entire staff and property.
We could not have asked for more in any area of our 3 night stay.
Will be back on our next excursion to Tofino!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2017

We had a room in the lodge with a view- it’s the only way to go. My husband and I spent hours just watching the tide and the surfers brave the winter waters. It was beautiful! Service was excellent and friendly. Our only complaint was the quality of food in the restaurant was just adequate for the price.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

Thank you, I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit. Watching the beach and the surfers can be very entertaining! I am sorry that you thought the food fell short, I am not sure what your concerns were. I would appreciate it if you would contact me at lblr@shaw.ca to explain.