3,444 results
All reviewsgreat roomsurf clubthe penthousethe cottagesoceanfront roomhot tublong beachsurf shopsurf lessonscontinental breakfastbeautiful resortocean frontgranolabottle of winegas fireplacelaid backsalmon
Reviewed January 3, 2018

An absolutely delightful establishment to spend three nights over New Years 2017/2018 at. The staff were all fantastic, balancing friendliness with privacy perfectly. The Great Room is very relaxing to eat/drink/talk/read in. Fantastic beer list (90+). The room we stayed in was lovely (deluxe beach front) and I've heard that the cottages are also very nice (and pooch friendly). Also, free parking (such a nice touch compared to chain hotels). The resort also co-hosted a fireworks display on New Year's Eve. It was both cozy and spectacular - the bay thundered.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

I am delighted that you enjoyed three nights with us over New Years. It was a wonderful evening with hundreds of people coming to the beach to watch the spectacular annual fireworks show, the bay did thunder! For all the years we have co-hosted the show, we have always had perfect weather. New Year's Eve is my favourite night at the lodge!
Thank you for commenting on our staff, they will be very pleased that they were appreciated.
We also have pet friendly rooms in the lodge, as well as the cottages. Just be aware if you ever bring your pooch, they will never allow you to visit again, with-out bringing them!
My very best wishes for 2018.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

What a perfect place to bring in the New Year, the atmosphere is so relaxing with the great room & its fire place. Right on Cox Beach so always something to watch, and a beautiful beach to walk on.
Great friendly service & excellent beds.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you, I am really pleased that you celebrated the New Year with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the friendly service and our comfy beds.
Best wishes for 2018!

Reviewed January 2, 2018

What makes the LBLR stand out from other accommodations is the Great Room. I can’t think of a better place to enjoy a meal or coffee while watching the waves and surfers. A real West Coast treat in any season.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2018

Thank you, I agree the Great Room is the "heart" of the resort. I am happy that you enjoy a coffee or meal at the lodge.
My very best wishes for 2018!

Reviewed December 31, 2017

Our family of 7 had a cottage and guest room and over the course of our 5 day stay we were able to be Self-sufficient, but also take full advantage of the Lodge amenities when we wanted to. The staff were excellent; happy hours were a highlight - kudos to the bartenders for the fabulous cocktails; and the ability to walk the beach whenever the desire hit: win, win, win. We will cherish our 2017 Christmas memories for a very long time.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank S1526ZYpeterb
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2018

Thank you, I am really pleased that your family of seven had a memorable Christmas together at our resort, christmases with family are so special. Thank you also for mentioning our staff, they will be delighted.
My very best wishes for 2018.

Reviewed December 30, 2017

We have spent several Christmas holidays with LBL. Everything about the experience satisfies and often exceeds our expectations. The food is good---the service warm and friendly and the rooms are cozy and comfortable. The recent renovations/changes---we counted ten since last year---are wonderful and we look forward to seeing what else has been achieved in our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robertmO5285XD
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2017

Hi Rob,
Thank you for such a positive review and for being a loyal guest. I am delighted that you enjoyed another Christmas with us. We have yet to complete all our year end projects this year, however when we do, we are going to have a contest where the guest who can list the most changes and additions, recently completed, will win a fabulous prize. Details will be announced in a future newsletter.
My very best wishes, for the New Year.