3,476 results
All reviews great room surf club the penthouse the cottages oceanfront room hot tub long beach surf shop surf lessons continental breakfast beautiful resort ocean front granola bottle of wine gas fireplace laid back salmon
Reviewed February 2, 2018

We recently spent 3 nights at the Long Beach Lodge, and had a wonderful time storm watching, eating in the Great Room and walking in the rain. I would like to say that ALL the staff were professional, very friendly, courteous and well informed to answer any of our questions. We enjoyed both casual and fine dining in the Great Room and were not disappointed with the quality of the food or the service of the staff. We look forward to coming back to the Long Beach Lodge soon.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2018

Thank you for such a positive review, I am really pleased you had a wonderful time. Storm watching has been outstanding this winter season. On January 17th we had the biggest seas in almost 20 years; had the waves been any bigger, we would all have been heading for higher ground! I am pleased also, that you enjoyed the food services in the Great Room. Guests constantly tell he that while the location and resort are beautiful, it is our wonderful staff that keeps them returning. We will look forward to welcoming you back again, on your next trip to our outer coast.
Best wishes,

Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

The Lodge is perfectly situated on Long Beach. Maybe 50 steps outside the Lodge to feel the wind rolling in from the waves and revel in such a feeling of freedom. Lovely room looking out to sea. The red roofed lighthouse in the distance. Chefs menu was delightfully local. Delicious and adventurous. As were the drink offerings. We had to try several of those delights as well. The room had many extras to go with the two person bathtub. One extra not planned was a Tsunami alert. Very well Co ordinated by everyone. The Lodge, First Responders and Tofino volunteers. We will go back every year. No earthquakes near by - we hope.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you, I am delighted that you had a nice visit. We are very fortunate to have a great location, on such a beautiful beach, I never tire of the view! I am pleased also that you enjoyed the Chef's menu, he sources only the freshest ingredients. I am sorry you experienced the Tsunami event, having to get up and leave, in the middle of the night is not fun! This was our first experience with a warning and I am very pleased with how well everyone managed the event. I think that Tofino was the most prepared community on the whole coast.
We will be very pleased to welcome you back next year.
Best wishes,

Reviewed February 1, 2018

When you visit Tofino you need to let go. This means letting go of your stress, but also some of your expectations. This hotel is perched on one of the best beaches on the West Coast of North America. It's remoteness does come with a few trade-offs that you will need to be prepared to accept to enjoy your vacation.

1: Sound carries here. The coveted walk-out ground floor rooms are under the restaurant. Be prepared for noise (chair-scraping, kids running etc) from early to late. When the neighbors take a shower, the plumbing is louder than you'd be willing to have in your own home.
2: The restaurant features the best happy hour around. So it's busy. Frustratingly so sometimes. The menu reads well, but lacks proper execution.
3: Qualified service people are hard to keep. Most of them are inexperienced, so be prepared for some strange conversations.

BUT if you let the environment fully sink in, and shift your focus on the sky, sand and sea, then the rest of it should roll off your shoulders.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms are the quietest. Avoid the rooms on the ground floor under the restaurant.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank ArbutusIslandGirl
Reviewed February 1, 2018

My wife and I have been going to Tofino for over fourty years as a favourite destination. We have stayed in many of the resorts there and have preferred units with cooking facilities, as I love to cook. As a change of pace, this time we stayed in the lodge and ate all of our meals in the restaurant.

Our room and entire hotel were spotless and all of the staff were polite, welcoming and knowledgeable.

The meals served in the Great Room were beautifully prepared and presented. Our waiter was very helpful in choosing a wine to accompany our dinner on the evening of my birthday celebration. The ambience in that room with a crackling fireplace was romantic and relaxing.

We had a small issue with a sink being reluctant to drain but this was resolved within minutes by a courteous and knowledgeable tradesman.

We have no hesitation in recommending both the hotel and restaurant to anyone. We intend to come back again soon.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Really nice to have a review from guests who have been coming to Tofino for so many years, you, like me, have seen a few changes! Great that you decided to allow us to do the cooking, on this visit. We are pretty proud of the Great Room, it is the heart of the resort.
Thank you for your recommendation, I hope we will be able to welcome you back again, in the future.

Best wishes, Tim Hackett

Reviewed February 1, 2018

We enjoyed celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary at the Lodge. It was our first time stay and a long time since our last visit to the Pacific Rim Park. Our hope was to experience the furry of the frequent storms however we were apparently between them. We did however experience a tsunami warning requiring our temporary vacating to Tofino.
We can't say enough about the lodge, the atmosphere, the food and most particularly the personnel we encountered. We will be back for certain

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary! I am delighted that you had a wonderful visit. Thank you for commenting on our staff, they really are our biggest asset. I am sorry you were there during the tsunami event, being evacuated in the middle of the night is not fun! Would would love to welcome you back again for another visit.
My very best wishes,