3,438 results
All reviewsgreat roomsurf clubthe penthousethe cottagesoceanfront roomhot tublong beachsurf shopsurf lessonscontinental breakfastbeautiful resortocean frontgranolabottle of winegas fireplacesalmonlaid back
Reviewed February 18, 2018

We have stayed at other properties on Vancouver Island’s west coast and while the Long Beach Lodge location is great, we feel the value is not - even with the Black Friday sale. We visit Tofino/Ucluelet every winter and have stayed at LBL 3 times but next year will probably go back to Ucluelet. Also, we really miss the great buffet breakfast you provided 5 years ago.

1  Thank Jet443197
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Really, if you feel that the Black Friday sale, is not exceptional value you really do need to go back to Ucluelet! Hundreds of guests take advantage of the sale, understanding it is the best winter value in Tofino.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

Stayed here with my husband for a week during our honeymoon and we could not fault the hotel at all!

Every member of staff we dealt with were completely professional and helpful - Mike & Victoria particularly went above and beyond!

The room was comfortable, clean and modern.

We ate in the Great Room a number of nights and the food was always of an exceptional standard.

We are already planning our next trip!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2018

Congratulations, my very best wishes for a long and happy marriage.

I am delighted that you had a wonderful visit, thank you for mentioning our staff, they will appreciate it very much. I am pleased also that your enjoyed the great room and the food. I hope you do return as we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed February 17, 2018

Sunny's Birthday and Valentine's Day annual stay at Long Beach Lodge Resort, Tofino. We have a familiar ocean view room to watch surf and surfers on the Cox Bay sand beach. It was our evening special dinner that was so amazing. I tried to write down as much as I could about the flavours and food. I am not a fancy foody writer so bear with me. It was too awesome to remember everything even when writing things down.

The fun started in our Ocean View guest room with Birthday greetings for Sunny, a bottle of wine and some tasty food. Chef Ian Riddick had stowed in the frig his sumptuous pate de foie gras with pork, and some thin slices of in house made pepper salami . Olives, figs and crispy flat bread made a wonderful taste. Oh and note all was gluten free. A bottle of a somewhat rare Le vieux Pin 2015 Petit Rouge. It says it is a blend of Merlot, Syrah and Cabarnet Suvignon raised in French Oak Barrels for 14 months. (sausage was all made at the hotel. Chef had set up a smoke house to make some amazing smoked meats and fish)

After a sand and surf hike on the beach Sunny and I were ready to dine in the Lodge's Great Room overlooking Cox Bay and the Pacific Ocean. We caught a glimpse of the last of the early evening western daylight glinting over the relatively quiet Pacific Ocean surf. Starting off a glass of Unsworth Sparkling wine for Valentine's Day. (I think it was Timbucktwo not allowed to say champagne). Chef Ian presented us with Royal Miyagi Oysters, on a salt bed with a pomegranate and Quince oyster sauce and colourful rice flower and prawn crisps . The oysters were so fresh with just a hint of sweetness. What a great start for the evening.

Next Chef Ian presented a spring roll stuffed with Pacific Ocean black cod, Sable Fish, thin string carrots and Yellowfoot Chanterelles garnished with Nanoose radish sprouts. A light vegetable bouillon brewed at table then poured over the spring roll for an amazing soup served with the kitchen's just made Gluten Free English muffins and whipped butter.

Little Engine Chardonnay 2015 a smooth and lightly aromatic wine with just a hint of spice was wonderful to accompany the next course: Sunny's favourite bone marrow, served bubling hot covered with buttery stripped prawns garnished with hazelnuts and parsley sprigs. Nothing left but the bones it so wonderfully rich and delicious.

Next up Chef served us another Sunny top of the list fav: A slow smoked and simmered pork belly with chanterelles, tiny beets, high lighted with a beet puree. The kelp chips were crisped in the bone marrow juices. A medium bodied Pinot Noir was paired with the bone marrow. Chef Ian presented a dish of tiny tomatoes, and thin slices of sausage: a mix of dried Porcini mushrooms and air cured pork with just a hint of garlic. Sunny was in birthday heaven.

Dessert was the venerable crème brule and a glass of medeira to end it all. Wow Chef was so good to us with the amazing savoury and sweet.

We have been staying at Long Beach Lodge resort for more than 11 years and each time whether long stays or just overnight we always have a fabulous time. The Great room is so relaxing after a day on the beach and in the water I should add that the Great Room boasts a list of 80 micro brew local beer selection (Hats off to Andy for upping the local beer selection). It is easy to say 'wow'. And yes I am stuck with gluten free but Sunny gets to taste the island and provincial breweries. Thank you to all the Long Beach Lodge Resort Great Room chefs and servers and of course the Lodge management for another outstanding stay.

Room Tip: Choose Ocean View rooms if you like to overlook the ocean.

Hi David,

Thank you for your very detailed review, it is greatly appreciated. I am delighted that you both enjoyed your special dinner celebration. I appreciate that you have been such faithful guests over the past eleven years. It is very important to Ian that you and Sunny always have a wonderful dining experience, as we both consider you very special guests and friends of the lodge. We will look forward to your next visit.
Best wishes and happy birthday Sunny!

Tim H

Reviewed February 17, 2018

Pairing winter with warmth and casual elegance is where LBL excels . Interestingly, they have a great Scotch whisky collection and along with Andre the bartender's advice and knowledge, this also pairs well with relaxation, mood, food choices, and west coast sunshine, fog and rain and winter storms.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay during the winter season, it is a really great time to visit. I have just enjoyed an spectacular sunset! Andre has great bartender knowledge and experience and enjoys sharing it with his guests. We would love to welcome you back again, in the future.
Best wishes,

Reviewed February 14, 2018

This was my 3rd stay at the Long Beach Lodge Resort and it exceeded my expectations! A couple of experiences of note were: a complimentary bottle of wine in our room to celebrate my 65th birthday and the reception staff remembering my name. At my age I can barely remember my own name!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2018

Thank you, I am delighted, that at your advanced age, you still maintain a wonderful sense of humour! We try everyday to exceed expectations, I am very pleased that we succeeded with you. I hope you will return to celebrate your 85th!
My very best wishes,