3,474 results
All reviews great room surf club the penthouse the cottages oceanfront room hot tub long beach surf shop surf lessons continental breakfast beautiful resort ocean front granola bottle of wine gas fireplace laid back salmon
Reviewed March 27, 2018

We had an absolutely lovely stay at the resort. The staff were friendly and very helpful - on the morning that we were leaving the walk way was very icy and I was concerned that my elderly mother would slip and fall and asked for assistance from a staff member who was driving by and he had the walk way salted in minutes and even assisted us in loading our vehicle. The cottage was clean, with modern conveniences and very well designed and set among the trees. It was a lovely west coast retreat! Thank you.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Thank you very much, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your visit, staying in a cottage. To be honest, the board walk should have been salted first thing in the morning. Failing this, I am pleased that a staff member came and offered assistance. I hope that you may return in the future, we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

My sister and I spent two nights at this wonderful hotel and enjoyed every moment. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. There were many little thoughtful things in each room to make our stay enjoyable. Rain coats and umbrellas were provided but the one thing that really stood out for us is that there was actually REAL cream in the fridge for us to enjoy in our morning coffee. The dining room offered great choices and the prices were reasonable. All in all it was a great experience and one we hope to repeat in the near future. Booked through BC Ferries which was great and so easy for us as its been many years that we had been there.

Room Tip: forest view room was lovely and peaceful
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

I am delighted that both you and your sister enjoyed your visit to the lodge. Thank you for your comments regarding our staff, they will be very pleased when they read your review. I am also glad that you enjoyed the dining room. We would love to welcome you both back in the future, as return guests.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

Stayed one night while on a quick trip to Tofino. The weather was cold and rainy and after shopping a bit in town we were looking forward to getting to our hotel and the hot tub to warm up. Upon check in was told that the hot tub was out of order. Nothing on their website regarding this so was disappointed and the front desk person didn't seem to care. The view was great from the great room and we enjoyed watching the surfers. Ordered dinner. Pricey and definitely not worth it. I ordered the risotto and had about two bites. Waitress picked up my plate and didn't care much that it hadn't been touched. All in all it was an ok hotel but for the price, I have stayed in nicer.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I agree the lodge is not for everyone, as we cater to an upscale cliental, who appreciate the value we offer.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

The staff were excellent, our lunch excellent and of course the beautiful west coast and ambience of your lodge. However a few disappointments. TV not working (They tried to fix it) the spa not working and we had 3 perfect evenings to sit outside by your fire pits that were not operating. Also we were in cabin 1 and some thought is needed to create a better spot for the outdoor patio set. Dark and dank against a rickety fence.

1  Thank Denise L
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Really, I am sorry that you didn't have as nice a visit as most of our other guests. The SandBar, including the fire pits opens in May, for the summer season.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Wonderful stay overall. I was in a room over the kitchen so it smelled like food both in the morning and evening. In addition to that, could hear dishes clanging till about 10:30 pm each night and again at 5:30 each morning. As my trip was work related I received a corporate rate and so upon complaint, not much could be done.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank dlskla

I am pleased that you had a wonderful stay overall, receiving our corporate rate. I am sorry that you did't find your room ideal.