• Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
Pacific Sands Beach Resort(Tofino)
3,357 results
All reviewsgreat roomsurf clubthe penthousethe cottageshot tublong beachsurf shopsurf lessonscontinental breakfastbeautiful resortocean frontrecommend this resortgranolabottle of winegas fireplacelaid backamazing location
Reviewed March 28, 2018

I booked our visit through B.C. Ferries Vacations as a Christmas gift for my husband (actually more for myself). Extremely good deal as it included the cost of the ferry. Almost every day before our arrival, I would check out the webcam at the Lodge and show my husband the incredible view. It does not disappoint! I loved listening to the waves while sleeping and one evening the sky was so clear, you couldn't count all the stars! So breath takingly beautiful. Most beautiful sunset, too on our last evening there. You can walk for miles on the beach and it was great fun to watch all the surfers riding the waves. Weather was crazy...snow, hail, rain, wind and sunshine! All the staff extremely pleasant and helpful. Our room was perfect, too. Awesome food in The Great Room. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Thank you, I am delighted that you had a wonderful visit, I hope your husband realizes how lucky he is, my wife give me socks for Christmas! The Christmas season is a very special time of the year for us, great traditional feasts, in front of the fire, and all the lights and decorations. It is amazing how, during the winter, we can have really stormy weather and then a beautiful sunset at the end of the day. Our staff, everyone reads our guest comments, will appreciate your kind mention.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

My family of 5 (kids 8/11/11) stayed at the resort over the March spring break. We were in one of the buildings not attached to the main lodge. It was amazing! The room we had easily accommodated our three children and the amenities were perfect. Having our own hot tub was just magical for the kids and adults after each ocean adventure. The staff in all places at this lodge were 10/10. We genuinely felt that the staff were trying to up-sell us on anything and were truly there to make sure we had a wonderful time. The surf shop and attached chain room and hot tub was so perfect to use after surfing. We ate a number of times at the lodge restaurant and found the food to be really good value and the service was excellent. Highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your recommendation, it is nice to have such great fans! The resort and cottages are perfect for families and often a dog or two! Thank you also for your compliment concerning our staff, guests often tell me that while the resort and location are great, it is our wonderful staff that keeps them returning. I really hope your family of five will visit again in the future, we would love to welcome you back, as return guests.

Reviewed March 27, 2018

We had an absolutely lovely stay at the resort. The staff were friendly and very helpful - on the morning that we were leaving the walk way was very icy and I was concerned that my elderly mother would slip and fall and asked for assistance from a staff member who was driving by and he had the walk way salted in minutes and even assisted us in loading our vehicle. The cottage was clean, with modern conveniences and very well designed and set among the trees. It was a lovely west coast retreat! Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your visit, staying in a cottage. To be honest, the board walk should have been salted first thing in the morning. Failing this, I am pleased that a staff member came and offered assistance. I hope that you may return in the future, we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

My sister and I spent two nights at this wonderful hotel and enjoyed every moment. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. There were many little thoughtful things in each room to make our stay enjoyable. Rain coats and umbrellas were provided but the one thing that really stood out for us is that there was actually REAL cream in the fridge for us to enjoy in our morning coffee. The dining room offered great choices and the prices were reasonable. All in all it was a great experience and one we hope to repeat in the near future. Booked through BC Ferries which was great and so easy for us as its been many years that we had been there.

Room Tip: forest view room was lovely and peaceful
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

I am delighted that both you and your sister enjoyed your visit to the lodge. Thank you for your comments regarding our staff, they will be very pleased when they read your review. I am also glad that you enjoyed the dining room. We would love to welcome you both back in the future, as return guests.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

Stayed one night while on a quick trip to Tofino. The weather was cold and rainy and after shopping a bit in town we were looking forward to getting to our hotel and the hot tub to warm up. Upon check in was told that the hot tub was out of order. Nothing on their website regarding this so was disappointed and the front desk person didn't seem to care. The view was great from the great room and we enjoyed watching the surfers. Ordered dinner. Pricey and definitely not worth it. I ordered the risotto and had about two bites. Waitress picked up my plate and didn't care much that it hadn't been touched. All in all it was an ok hotel but for the price, I have stayed in nicer.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I agree the lodge is not for everyone, as we cater to an upscale cliental, who appreciate the value we offer.