3,575 results
All reviews great room surf club the penthouse the cottages hot tub long beach surf shop surf lessons get away beautiful resort ocean front recommend this resort granola gas fireplace bottle of wine laid back vancouver island
Reviewed May 5, 2018

Rooms and general environment of the Lodge were excellent. It is quite amazing at how well the hotel has been kept and maintained having been in action for around 16 years. We have visited and stayed at the Lodge many times since the Lodge opened and have always enjoyed our stay. We were particularly taken this visit by the friendliness and attention to our well-being by the staff. Guest satisfaction is certainly paramount in their interaction with guests. The staff has certainly been very well trained in the art of guest care and satisfaction.

The one downer is the food and beverage aspect of the Lodge. We had problems with two of our three breakfasts on this visit, namely shortage of desired items from the menu, and quality and presentation of items ordered. Unfortunately this was not a new experience.

On the beverage side we found that the variety of white wines available by the glass was very limited and of questionable quality. On one occasion, the head barman didn't seem to have a great deal of knowledge re the product for which he was presumably responsible. This does not encourage one to purchase a beverage and to sit an enjoy in the magnificent Great Room.

1  Thank Warrigal
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2018

Thank you for being such a loyal over the years, I also greatly appreciate your feedback. It has always been important to me to keep the resort "opening day fresh." As regulars you will have noticed all the improvements and changes over the years, as we continually strive to improve the guest experience.
I am disappointed that you had issues with your breakfasts on two occasions, I will definitely follow up this week. I will also discuss increasing the wine by the glass options and quality, with the bar manager.

Reviewed May 5, 2018

We had a fantastic time wading in the surf and hiking the wooded trails. The cottage exceeded our expectations and was very clean. Even enjoyed the sunsets at the resort restaurant. All in all, it was a perfect girls week!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2018

Thank you, it sounds like you had fun! I am really pleased that your cottage exceeded expectations, they are perfect when friends gather. I hope that you will plan another visit, we would love to welcome you back again.

Reviewed May 3, 2018

My husband and I had never been to Tofino before so we decided to do it right for our first trip. And boy did we pick the right hotel!
When making the reservation I told them that we were coming for my husband's birthday and they thoughtfully had a bottle of wine with two wine glasses and a birthday message waiting for us in our room. Nice touch.
I asked for a room in the main lodge on the ground floor with beach access and it was fantastic. We could wake up looking out at the ocean and go to bed looking out at the ocean. We could walk out our patio doors into a lovely private patio area with chairs, or take a few steps to more communal sitting area, or a few steps more to a sitting area with fire pits all overlooking the most incredible views of the ocean.
The beach was wonderful for long walks in either direction from the lodge as well as more challenging hikes off the end of the beach.
The room itself was lovely and comfortable with plenty of seating area with big arm chairs in front of our own gas fire place. The bathrooms are large with a soaker tub for two, with separate shower.
The restaurant has an incredible menu and incredible views from every seat.
We were so pleased with the resort that we asked if we could extend our stay from two nights to three, and thank goodness they were able to accommodate us.
We will definitely make plans to go back again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2018

Thank you, it is reviews like yours that make all our effort so worthwhile for our staff and me. I am delighted that you were able to extend your stay, two nights is never long enough, considering the drive. We will look forward to your next visit, as return guests.

Reviewed May 3, 2018

It was our first time staying at Long Beach Lodge and we will definitely be coming back for our future Tofino trips! Our cabin was perfect and far exceeded our expectations. Very roomy, clean, extremely comfortable beds, and the food was mind blowing!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your first visit to the resort. Our mission is to always try to exceed exceptions, I am glad we were able to do just that, with your cottage! We would love to welcome you back again, as return guests.

Best wishes, Tim Hackett

Reviewed May 2, 2018

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful 2 night get away at your resort.
Everything was first class from the wonderful room, to the location, to the views, to the food and service of all staff.
We will definitely return.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2018

Thank you, I am very pleased that you both had a wonderful 2 night visit. We would loved to welcome you back, in the future, as return guests.