3,438 results
All reviewsgreat roomsurf clubthe penthousethe cottagesoceanfront roomhot tublong beachsurf shopsurf lessonscontinental breakfastbeautiful resortocean frontgranolabottle of winegas fireplacesalmonlaid back
Reviewed May 9, 2018

Six day Long Beach/Torino adventure centered at this amazing lodge. We stayed in a secluded, spacious and cosy rainforest cottage with all the amenities (including hot tub) for a perfect coastal experience. The lodge Great Room was spectacular...views, sunsets, surf and beach. The food was excellent but was exceeded by the friendly, engaging and “over the top” helpful staff and service. Perfect place to fly a kite, ride a beach bike, hike by the roaring surf, or just sit on driftwood and let it all soak in. So many positives...my granddaughter took her first steps in the Great Room and the next morning we received a celebratory card from the staff and an Orca stuffy for Millie! My compliments to the Long Beach Lodge for smoothly facilitating our great vacation.

Room Tip: Cottages...19 to 21
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2018

Thank you for your very positive comments, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your six day visit, staying in a cottage. I believe your that daughter and her husband, contacted me earlier and told me about your granddaughter first steps, quite a feat for a little girl, so young. Hopefully Millie will have more visits to the resort, to run on the beach or learn to surf! Thank you also for your comments concerning our staff, they will be very appreciative.
My vey best wishes,

Reviewed May 6, 2018

Nice and cosy resort with excellent seaview, comfortable lodging and very good food. Sometimes, service is a little slow adapting to the calm and peaceful surrounding - however, friendlyness makes it more than up. To recommend highly!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2018

Thank you, I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit. While the environment may be relaxed, the service cannot be, this something we are addressing. We would love to welcome you back again, on your next trim to the coast

Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in the LBL and it was fantastic. Room had great size with magnificent view and the service was great. We had dinner at the a Great Room and we had a nice evening with a wonderful dinner. Staff were polite, accommodating and very responsive.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very positive comments, I am delighted that you enjoyed your 2 night visit. Our staff will also appreciate your compliments. We would love to welcome you back, as return guests, in the future.

Reviewed May 5, 2018

Rooms and general environment of the Lodge were excellent. It is quite amazing at how well the hotel has been kept and maintained having been in action for around 16 years. We have visited and stayed at the Lodge many times since the Lodge opened and have always enjoyed our stay. We were particularly taken this visit by the friendliness and attention to our well-being by the staff. Guest satisfaction is certainly paramount in their interaction with guests. The staff has certainly been very well trained in the art of guest care and satisfaction.

The one downer is the food and beverage aspect of the Lodge. We had problems with two of our three breakfasts on this visit, namely shortage of desired items from the menu, and quality and presentation of items ordered. Unfortunately this was not a new experience.

On the beverage side we found that the variety of white wines available by the glass was very limited and of questionable quality. On one occasion, the head barman didn't seem to have a great deal of knowledge re the product for which he was presumably responsible. This does not encourage one to purchase a beverage and to sit an enjoy in the magnificent Great Room.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Warrigal

Thank you for being such a loyal over the years, I also greatly appreciate your feedback. It has always been important to me to keep the resort "opening day fresh." As regulars you will have noticed all the improvements and changes over the years, as we continually strive to improve the guest experience.
I am disappointed that you had issues with your breakfasts on two occasions, I will definitely follow up this week. I will also discuss increasing the wine by the glass options and quality, with the bar manager.

Reviewed May 5, 2018

We had a fantastic time wading in the surf and hiking the wooded trails. The cottage exceeded our expectations and was very clean. Even enjoyed the sunsets at the resort restaurant. All in all, it was a perfect girls week!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tim H, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2018

Thank you, it sounds like you had fun! I am really pleased that your cottage exceeded expectations, they are perfect when friends gather. I hope that you will plan another visit, we would love to welcome you back again.