All reviews common room the kitchen bed dorm female dorm booked a private room free muffins toilet and sink stayed here for nights lounge area amazing views clayoquot sound a great place to stay the ground floor ocean view hostels sauna bunk
Reviewed April 25, 2017

Very friendly welcoming and nice staff that can help you book whatever touristic trip you want (whale watching, hot springs, surf ...). The rooms and washrooms were clean, there's a communal kitchen, lots of recycle bins, a nice living room with great view and a pool table :)
One thing to be aware of: the check in is at 4pm.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank nathy09
Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

I have to say, this hotel manages large groups impressively well. We were a group of 33 from Royal Roads University and we had an absolutely fantastic time here.

The common area is warm and honestly feels like home. Big stone fireplace, great music and comfy couches, a nice place to put your feet up after hiking the near by trails.

The kitchen is spacious and easy to move around in and is very well stocked with a large fridge. The patio was a nice touch but my favourite was the free muffins every morning straight out the over - a little nice touch that really goes the extra mile.

The rooms are very clean and fantastic bedding. I did find the mattresses a little worn in but still very comfortable. Bathrooms were clean and well maintained.

Above all, the staff were some of the best staff I have encountered in years. They were very welcoming and approachable, they are very knowledgeable of the area - the best source for visitor information in town. (Thanks for the info on hiking trails!)

Overall I would recommend this option to any budget conscious traveller as well as budget group travellers. You will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Adam M
Reviewed February 9, 2017 via mobile

This is the most spectacular location with water views and it is also an easy stroll to the centre of town. I saw a seal as I had my coffee the other morning (see location pic below). Highlights include: amazing service and the sauna! Everything is very clean and properly maintained. Beautiful fireplace!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2017

What a great place to stay! I was here in summer and it was a great location right on the water. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the price was reasonable.The kitchen was very nice and easy to cook in. Also the common area was had a great atmosphere and had amazing view over the water. The activities the staff recommended were good priced and great fun. Overall It was a clean and fun hostel :)

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank CheekyTraveller243
Reviewed December 16, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights in early December. Even though it was quiet I had a full room each night. But ir didn't mater as the rooms are big enough for everyone to have their own space. With the mist comfy hostel bed I have ever slept on. The staff were super friendly as Yale us some good advice on things to do. The Kitchen was really well stocked and the common areas were really cosy. I honestly think this was the best hostel I have stayed at and I would Def recommended it to anyone passing through!

Date of stay: December 2016