HI-Tofino - Whaler’s on the Point Guesthouse
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

This hostel is clean and in a good location, the wifi doesn't work in the rooms at all though. Only works downstairs in the dining area. If you have a car here you must hand in your keys to the front desk which I found no logic in. You also can't have any food/sleeping bags/ wetsuits/ boards in the bedrooms. You also pay $2 per towel you use. And you aren't aloud to drink any alcohol except beer and wine and only in moderation. They have these rules posted in each room. I felt like I was being treated like a child.

Stayed: May 2017
3  Thank angelaanaconda9933

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Very friendly welcoming and nice staff that can help you book whatever touristic trip you want (whale watching, hot springs, surf ...). The rooms and washrooms were clean, there's a communal kitchen, lots of recycle bins, a nice living room with great view and a pool table :)
One thing to be aware of: the check in is at 4pm.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank nathy09
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

I have to say, this hotel manages large groups impressively well. We were a group of 33 from Royal Roads University and we had an absolutely fantastic time here.

The common area is warm and honestly feels like home. Big stone fireplace, great music and comfy couches, a nice place to put your feet up after hiking the near by trails.

The kitchen is spacious and easy to move around in and is very well stocked with a large fridge. The patio was a nice touch but my favourite was the free muffins every morning straight out the over - a little nice touch that really goes the extra mile.

The rooms are very clean and fantastic bedding. I did find the mattresses a little worn in but still very comfortable. Bathrooms were clean and well maintained.

Above all, the staff were some of the best staff I have encountered in years. They were very welcoming and approachable, they are very knowledgeable of the area - the best source for visitor information in town. (Thanks for the info on hiking trails!)

Overall I would recommend this option to any budget conscious traveller as well as budget group travellers. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Adam M
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

This is the most spectacular location with water views and it is also an easy stroll to the centre of town. I saw a seal as I had my coffee the other morning (see location pic below). Highlights include: amazing service and the sauna! Everything is very clean and properly maintained. Beautiful fireplace!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2017

What a great place to stay! I was here in summer and it was a great location right on the water. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the price was reasonable.The kitchen was very nice and easy to cook in. Also the common area was had a great atmosphere and had amazing view over the water. The activities the staff recommended were good priced and great fun. Overall It was a clean and fun hostel :)

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank CheekyTraveller243
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights in early December. Even though it was quiet I had a full room each night. But ir didn't mater as the rooms are big enough for everyone to have their own space. With the mist comfy hostel bed I have ever slept on. The staff were super friendly as Yale us some good advice on things to do. The Kitchen was really well stocked and the common areas were really cosy. I honestly think this was the best hostel I have stayed at and I would Def recommended it to anyone passing through!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

We booked initially for 5 nights and ended up extending another 4. The staff were super friendly and helpful, the position is beautiful overlooking the bay from the dining room and it has to be the cleanest, most well maintained hostel I have ever stayed in. The kitchen was always clean and well equipped and the staff made delicious muffins every morning. They helped us organise a last minute tour to the hot springs which I definitely recommend doing, especially in winter when it's a lot less crowded and a bit cheaper. This is Definitely the best budget accommodation option in Tofino.
Thanks to everyone there that made our stay very enjoyable.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple