“Best day of our trip!”

WardoWest Tofino Sportfishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A world class experience offered from WardoWest Fishing Charters means experienced guides with proven results in two of the best vessels in Tofino, either on our 25' Grady White vessel or 27' Sailfish. Our vessels are stocked with the very best technology and fishing equipment including: Lowrance HDS10 Nav System, Islander Reels, Sage Rods and Scotty High Performance Digital Downriggers. In Tofino we target primarily chinook and coho salmon (with the occasional sockeye, chum or pink), halibut, rockfish, albacore tuna as well as Dungeness crab. Our vessels each have a heated interior and are Transport Canada approved. Give us a call today so we can help you plan the fishing trip of a lifetime.
Reviewed 16 October 2014

My wife and I went for a day trip beginning of september and it was the highlight of our 5 day holiday on the island. We caught our limit of coho and got to see some awesome scenery on this perfect day. Dave went above and beyond for us to make sure we had a great experience, Wardowest will be my first choice next time I plan a fishing trip to Tofino. Thanks again for the awesome day!

2  Thank Trevor L
David W, Owner at WardoWest Tofino Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2015

Thanks Trevor, glad you enjoyed the coho fishing in October. We would love to take you out again on your next visit to Tofino. Hope you had a great year.

Reviewed 7 September 2014

We left the dock at 6:30am and we were back in by 1:00pm with a full bin - I don't think that the owner stopped to take a breath the whole time. There was always a line in the water. We were reeling them in, he was working on baiting the next line. Super helpful, super knowledgable and really easy to get along with. Over the radio, nothing but other fisherman striking out, meanwhile we always had a fish on the line. Maybe we were just lucky, but seems to me that the guy really knows what he is doing. We started with Halibut, had our max for the day in the boat within 30 minutes (there was 4 of us on board + the owner). Then on to salmon, trolled for maybe 5 minutes before the first hit, and it didn't stop until the bin was filled. We had to take shifts eating lunch because there was always action on the lines. The owner keeps a real clean boat, is patient with amateurs and helps to keep his crew entertained even when he's busy doing like 10 different tasks at the same time. I can't say enough about how great of an experience he helped make this for everyone on board. It was the highlight of the trip, I'd definitely recommend this to anyone considering some offshore fishing.

Wow, thanks Tyler. I pride myself on showing you the best time possible. I'm stoked that you enjoyed your trip. Look forward to doing it again in the near future!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Highlight of 2 day weekend spent in Tofino! Paul is quite the energetic guide and knows all the good spots to get a great haul. Caught 3 decent size chinooks and a lot of crabs. Paul also taught us how to fillet the fish after the trip. Definitely recommend to any fishing enthusiasts!

3  Thank Sadnam K

Sadnam thank you for your continued support. We really appreciate your business. See you again soon I'm sure.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

By far the highlight of my Tofino trip! Paul was an incredible guide and taught my girlfriend and I everything we needed to know to bring in several good sized fish throughout the day! He also dropped a couple crag traps for us at the beginning to add some crab to our end of the day feast. He took us around some beautiful scenery, was very knowledgable, and ensured that we were comfortable on his boat. Excited to go again next year! Thanks WardoWest!

1  Thank Jeremy P

Thanks for the kind words Jeremy. Stoked you had a great day with Paully. We are looking forward to your next trip to Tofino!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

It was my first time fishing and we spent a lot of time looking for the fish.I think Paul is an awesome guide and he ensured we had a great time. He knows where to find his fish and we caught three big Chinooks and some crabs :)! Thanks WardoWest Fishing for the great time!

1  Thank BougaEb

Sounds like you had a great time with Paul. Glad we were able to make your first time fishing a memorable one. Hope to hear from you again if you ever come back to Tofino.