“Can't wait to book my trip this season !”

WardoWest Tofino Sportfishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A world class experience offered from WardoWest Fishing Charters means experienced guides with proven results in two of the best vessels in Tofino, either on our 25' Grady White vessel or 27' Sailfish. Our vessels are stocked with the very best technology and fishing equipment including: Lowrance HDS10 Nav System, Islander Reels, Sage Rods and Scotty High Performance Digital Downriggers. In Tofino we target primarily chinook and coho salmon (with the occasional sockeye, chum or pink), halibut, rockfish, albacore tuna as well as Dungeness crab. Our vessels each have a heated interior and are Transport Canada approved. Give us a call today so we can help you plan the fishing trip of a lifetime.
Reviewed 29 April 2015

I'm not sure where to start when accrediting this charter, because there are so many amazing things to compliment about it. I guess I will start with the overall relationship with the guides. These are thoroughly experienced gentlemen who have a real passion for what they do. It is evident in every aspect of their business, from the physical service (preparing lines, boats, accomodations), to the actual experience. Impeccable sense of humor, and miticulous attention to professional detail makes the experience comfortable, and engaging. My first time to tofino included a charter with Wardowest, which also happened to be my first deep sea fishing experience. Ive never gotten the bites I have out on this boat ! There was never a dull moment on the boat. We were so successful, that I could see the excitement in my guides enthusiastic, and encouraging service.Tofino will always have a soft spot in my heart because of these guys. I have to say, without a doubt, that wardowest will be the reason I go back to Tofino this summer. The true West Coast fishing experience !

David W, Owner at WardoWest Tofino Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2015

Well we here at Wardowest Fishing are flattered by your compliments. We are very fortunate to do what we love and it shows in our work ethic. Our dedication to guest satisfaction is why we are the fastest growing charter business in Tofino. Thank you for your patronage!

Reviewed 21 April 2015

It was my first time fishing and I did a 4 hour charter with their guide Paul. Paul was incredible! He was very patient with me and answered all of my questions while giving bits and pieces of advice about fishing and information about the area. We went out very early in the season and weren't able to catch any fish, but Paul made sure we didn't leave empty handed; he caught us a crab!!! I would definitely recommend these guys, if you're ever in the area! As for me, you can bet I'll be back when the fish are in season. Thanks again for such an amazing experience!!!

1  Thank Dawn E

Wow, thanks for the kind words! Stoked to take you out again for another epic adventure. :)

Reviewed 5 April 2015

Talked with Dave at the Abbotsford outdoors show. Planned a trip for April 2 to 4. What can I say Paul was our guide he took us out fishing for 2 days, he was awsome. I never seen a guy work so hard on the boat to get us fish. And fish we got. Had 3 other family members with me and all had a great time. Paul and Dave are very pleasant and accomidating. Always asked if they could do more for us. The boats were great. The seas were rough but we never felt uncomfortable. Paul's boat does a great job in the rough water and he is a good capitan always keeping our rods straight up and down when mooching and 45 degrees when trolling. Just waiting for the ferry to go home and already looking at planning another trip. We will be back for sure. If looking to go to tofino for a fishing trip make sure you call wordowest I garuntee you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank sm79itty
David W, Owner at WardoWest Tofino Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2015

Thanks Jeff, glad you enjoyed your early season trip. Can't wait to take you out peak season to really load you up! You and your family are great people. Looking forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 10 November 2014

Went out late season with my Dad. Spoke with Dave the owner, very friendly on the phone a couple weeks prior to arrival. He informed us that salmon season was basically finished and they cant guarantee much as the seas can be large at this time of year. He suggested we talk again prior to arrival. He wouldn't be available but his other guide would be, who he assured is a great guy. Took a little bit of night before communication as we were only in the area for a few days and there was a major storm front coming in. Dave was clearly busy the night before but managed to keep communication open until late that night. We finalized a dock meeting for 8am the next morning. "With Paul?"

Paul was on time organized and ready but clearly had one thing in mind. Asked us what we wanted to fish for but we deferred that back to him. Told him we were not afraid of a few waves and want to have a good time. His reply was, "lets set some prawn traps and see what we can do after that". I assumed we would spend time in the protected waters as there was a storm coming with 3-4 meter swell and it was November.

However, Paul has a 27' Sail Fish which is an amazing fishing boat. He took us into open waters through big swell and told my 75 year old dad it would be fine once we got there and started fishing.

As I said earlier, Paul had one thing in mind from the time we shook hand hands upon original meeting. That was to make sure we had a great time. They told us right from the start it was off season and most boats are out of the water by this time. The entire trip was exciting and adventurous. After fighting through the swell to get offshore he set us up over a reef. In the middle of no where?? He clearly new exactly what was going on, we jigged at 120' plus and pulled up over 12 fish within two hours. One Cod over 20lbs and another over 15lbs. Paul never took a break.

Not my normal rating style but Wardo and especially "Paul" get a 4,9 / 5.0 on this occasion. Should be a 5.0 but that will be next year!

Couldn't have expected anything greater.
Trip of a life time for me and my Dad!
Thanks Brotha.

Wow, sounds like Paul took you and your Dad on quite the late season adventure! Stoked to hear that you had such a good time. I can't imagine on how much fun you will have in peak season if you come back. Hope you had a good winter.

Reviewed 16 October 2014

My wife and I went for a day trip beginning of september and it was the highlight of our 5 day holiday on the island. We caught our limit of coho and got to see some awesome scenery on this perfect day. Dave went above and beyond for us to make sure we had a great experience, Wardowest will be my first choice next time I plan a fishing trip to Tofino. Thanks again for the awesome day!

2  Thank Trevor L

Thanks Trevor, glad you enjoyed the coho fishing in October. We would love to take you out again on your next visit to Tofino. Hope you had a great year.