“"Great Place, Beautiful Scenery"”

Ocean Village Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I travel to Tofino over ten times a year and this is one of the best places that I have stayed at so far! I brought a group of 28 people to stay at Ocean Village a few weekends ago, and brought 20 people back the following weekend. Even with such a large group, the facilities and staff at Ocean Village were more than accommodating. The cabins are clean and spacious with great cooking facilities. If you are in Tofino to Surf, Ocean Village is ideally located next to Mackenzie beach which captures some of the larger swell in the winter months. It is also only a 5 minute drive to some other great beaches like North and South Chesterman. If you are looking for a quiet, cost effective place to stay I would definitely recommend giving these guys a shout!

Room Tip: If you are choosing a suite, I recommend the upper levels. They are more open than the lower levels...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,273)

Reviewed 8 February 2012

This was my third trip to Ocean Village and I have had a wonderful experience every time. The rooms are quaint and comfortable. Just walking through the doors puts me into Island mode and the stress and commotion of the city fades away. I went with three girlfriends for a weekend away and we took both the whole cabin and split up into twos. We were able to bring our dog which stayed in the lower unit and it was great, they had blankets, a dog dish and treats for him on arrival. The kitchen is small but perfect for preparing a meal and the table looks out onto the water so you have this fantastic view while eating. No TV or Radio and none needed with all the nature and beach right there. Great escape. MacKenzie Beach is the perfect beach too, small enough to wander end to end if tide is in and then more to explore when the tide is out. There were people surfing as well which was great to watch. I would highly recommend the Ocean Village Beach resort to anyone wanting to visit Tofino.

Room Tip: I have stayed in both upper and lower rooms and I love the view from the upper rooms, however the lo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This place has it all! I love it, I've been going there since I was a child and now I'm 27. I will keep returning there with my little one and husband. The service is fantastic, the employees are extremely helpful and welcoming, I give it a 10/10!!

Room Tip: Just visit the website, they have all the info you need.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Beautiful setting, crashing waves, updated "cabins"..but....only go if you are renting a whole cabin by yourself or if you are friends with the people below/above. There is absolutely zero soundproofing....we had yahoos partying beneath us until 1 or 2 am....was like they were in the same room. Be warned...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank fujisan
Reviewed 30 January 2012

When I told people I was going to Tofino, they said to stay away from MacKenzie Beach. I couldn't understand why when I got to the Ocean Village Beach Resort. Even though there was a bit of rain misting in my face, I still enjoyed walking through the sand/water in my gumboots and climbing the nearby rocks. I loved watching birds fly by and dogs run around. Anyway, my boyfriend and I arrived a little late (just after 11pm) and an envelope with my last name was pinned right beside the front desk and it was more than easy to get to our cottage with the highlighted map. We stayed in a loft studio and the second night we were there, lay on the couches in the livingroom space and got to stormwatch!!! That was the main reason I wanted to go. Must have seen 15 lightnings within a few hours! Last but not least, I want to talk about the kitchen. My boyfriend and I love to cook. The kitchen was pretty good. Stove, oven, fridge... And it was fully equipped with pots/pans/dishes/flatware/glassware... Don't expect to make HUGE dishes though -- the oven was kind of small and the freezer can only fit so much, but the fridge is decent size. Overall, we had a great time and we'd definitely come back again! =)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank harmonie143
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This was my fourth time to the wonderful Ocean Village Beach Resort and as always I leave completely satisfied. The waterfront cabins are the perfect way to start and end the day and the quiet calm is a nice escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Staff are very friendly and accommodating and the rooms are neat and clean. I will definitely be returning to Ocean Village and would recommend it to anyone looking for a peaceful getaway with beautiful sunsets!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We were surprised by how well equipped the cabin was for cooking and our view of the ocean and beach was amazing. Everything was very clean, and sure, it's a bit dated, but everything worked well and we also learned that they are in the process of updating all the cabins. The cabin was also dog friendly so they provided bowls and treats for our dog. On New Year's Eve the staff brought each cabin a nice bottle of sparkling wine, they built a huge bonfire on the beach and had a great fireworks display. For the price, we felt Ocean Village far exceeded our expectations and the staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family