We stayed for three nights (Oct 19-22) in a cottage (#49) at Ocean Village, and loved it. It is a low-key, friendly environment; the grounds are immaculate. The cottage itself was very well-laid out, considering that it is quite small - there was storage room to put away clothes, sufficient space in the bathroom, and hooks by the door for coats etc. The kitchen in particular had everything one might need for a multi-day stay - much better equipped than I have seen elsewhere, even at "higher end" resorts. On-demand hot water, which ensured warm showers for both of us. The resort provides shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and dishsoap made by Sea Wench, which is all botanical and smells wonderful! (You can purchase products from the office.). We had difficulty with the Wifi - our laptop would load one page, but stall on the second - however, we didn't care much, as we brought board games to occupy us when we weren't out walking the beaches. The units are close together, and if you have loud neighbours, you can sometimes hear them vaguely through the walls, but everyone was good about observing quiet hours.
We had minimal interaction with staff, but found that everyone we did talk to was very friendly and accommodating, even when we had to cancel one of our nights at the last minute due to weather related delays.
The resort is about a five-minute drive to Tofino, and less than 10 from Long Beach and other walking trails, so a great central location. Mackenzie Beach is quite lovely, and a nice length for a morning or evening walk. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled comfortably on beautiful MacKenzie Beach, minutes from the picturesque village of Tofino. Our property is ideally located for guests to enjoy all of the activities this breathtaking area has to offer. Unobstructed views and direct beach access from your oceanfront cabin. Renovated and updated for maximum comfort, our iconic “beehive” cabins are available year-round at affordable, family-friendly rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Ocean Village Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Village Beach Hotel Tofino
- Ocean Village Beach Resort Tofino, Vancouver Island