1,451 results
All reviewspool and hot tublower studiosecond rowbedroom cabinthe kitchenclose to townwildside grillbeautiful spota wonderful stayan amazing viewlong weekendstorm watchingvancouver islanddogoceanbeehivewench
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was our 4th stay here. The rooms are newly renovated and we were impressed . You can't beat having a room right on MacKenzie Beach.We BBQ one of our dinners there ,There are 2 large BBQ on site. Your close to Tofino and Long Beach. We find Ocean Village always has good rates and a great location.

Room Tip: Any room on the beach .38,40
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Ocean Village was our choice for a quiet 'storm-watching' weekend in November. Who would have thought that the weather on the west coast of Vancouver Island could be so mild and peaceful? Although there were no storms we still found many other ways to enjoy this part of the world. Unit #45 is a single unit with a bedroom, kitchenette, modern bathroom, gas fireplace and Wi Fi. There is no TV and no radio, which is a plus for us since it provided fewer distractions. There is a pool on site which we did not use. The beach is wide and sandy, perfect for kids and dogs. When we were there the property was quiet with a few other guests, so if you're looking for a time and place for reflection then November is the time and Ocean Village is the place.

Room Tip: Cabins at the front are all single units - the ones at back have units up and down.
1  Thank IamKen
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We loved this place! Our one bedroom cottage was perfect for our family: two adults, a 4 1/2 year old and our giant yellow Labrador. We were met with a lovely doggy welcome package; the staff and facilities were excellent; and the beach - thank you Mother Nature!!! Despite the on and off rain, we had two campfires on the beach right in front of our cottage. Note to hikers: there is NO LIGHTHOUSE at the end of the Tofino Lighthouse Trail!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Girl-with-no-name
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at Ocean Village and had a great time! After a few friends told us about the place we thought we'd check it out next time we made it to Tofino. We're so glad we did cause we found it to be the perfect spot to kick back and relax! The location is very central with the beaches on one side and town on the other, everything seemed super close. We stayed in an Upper Studio which was well equipped, extremely clean and cozy, and had a lovely view of the ocean. The amenities on site were also great! The salt water pool and hot tub were an added bonus after a chilly surf and the BBQ area was a fantastic option to grill up a quick dinner. We're pretty laid back travellers who usually keep to ourselves but we found the staff were very friendly, outgoing and clearly hardworking. Service was very genuine and helpful, the girls at the front desk were kind enough to recommend a few local eateries which we enjoyed thoroughly. Check in and out were a breeze which is appreciated after a long journey and when you're headed back to catch the ferry. We would definitely stay here again and will be thanking our friends for the recommendation, as well as telling others!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wanderer130
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My Wife and I were looking for a nice 2 day getaway for Thursday, November 14th and 15th 2013. I called Jamie at Ocean Village on Wednesday mid afternoon to enquire about rates. I asked if they had vacancy for the dates requested which they did. I mentioned that we had a hypoallergenic small indoor dog and was also looking for a friends and family rate or best rate available since they had rooms to sell. She wasn't sure what she could do for us. I gave her our phone number and asked her to please let us know. I did not receive a call back and the following day we headed out for Tofino. We arrived at the Information Centre in Tofino and they called Ocean Village for us. Apparently they had an 8 hour power outage and she wasn't able to call us back, however, she didn't even remember me calling ?? After negotiating rates back and forth with her, she offered us a rate of $119.00 plus tax which included our pet instead of charging the $20 per night pet fee. We accepted and drove over. When we arrived, Jamie said that she could not offer the room without charging the $20 pet fee. The rate she offered was $124 plus $20 pet fee. The internet rate was $119.00. I felt taken advantage of and the staff there didn't seem to care. I had managed hotels for 21 years plus and I have never encountered this before. We quietly left and stayed elsewhere enjoying our 2 days at another Beachfront Resort who valued our business during the shoulder and or off season. I'm sure that if we were treated fairly, we would have stayed and enjoyed it very much. The Beach and views are spectacular. One word of advice for the staff, if you offer a rate to your guests, you should stick to it.

6  Thank Steve P
Shanejon, General Manager at Ocean Village Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. I'd like to point out that our receptionist Jaime is a fantastic employee. I regularly receive positive feedback about her efforts from guests and staff alike.

Ocean Village offers some of the most affordable beachfront rates in Tofino. Like most resorts we have non-negotiable pet fees regardless of size and coat. I'm sorry if that wasn't communicated clearly to you at the information centre, and I apologize for any confusion over the nightly rate.

We certainly value our guests, no matter what time of year.

Again I do apologize about your experience, if you would like to continue this discussion please feel free to contact me directly at shane@oceanvillageresort.com

Regards,