My husband and I spent a wonderful 3 days/2 nights to get away from the hectic Christmas period. It was absolutely spectacular. We had a very clean, well appointed and cozy cabin with a gas fireplace mere steps from Mackenzie beach. Our two dogs were welcomed without restriction and the beach is a leash free zone which was absolutely wonderful for them. The full kitchen allowed us to bring our own groceries and wine which was a welcome change from restaurant food. Hot water is always available with excellent water pressure and the resort provides shampoo, conditioner and body wash from a local supplier called "Sea Wench". Absolutely fell in love with it and picked up the full complement of products from a local store in Tofino. There is an indoor pool/hot tub building but we didn't take advantage this time. Have already booked for May so will use it then. What made our stay spectacular however was the fantastic view. We were very lucky to have had a spectacularly sunny weekend and an unimpeded view of the most breathtaking sunsets!
It was an exceptionally peaceful weekend. There is no television in the cabin but free wifi is available and the reception was good. It does slow down a bit during peak hours but it wasn't that much of an issue. The staff was friendly and attentive but not intrusive. If you were in your cabin when they came around to clean they asked if you wanted service or not and left you towels or anything else you needed if you didn't want the full cleaning. All in all, first rate service and location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled comfortably on beautiful MacKenzie Beach, minutes from the picturesque village of Tofino. Our property is ideally located for guests to enjoy all of the activities this breathtaking area has to offer. Unobstructed views and direct beach access from your oceanfront cabin. Renovated and updated for maximum comfort, our iconic “beehive” cabins are available year-round at affordable, family-friendly rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Ocean Village Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Village Beach Hotel Tofino
- Ocean Village Beach Resort Tofino, Vancouver Island