“Incredibly relaxing”

Ocean Village Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I decided to take a break from skiing to visit Tofino. I chose this place because it was half the cost of the Wickannish inn (sorry about spelling but I'm sure you know where). I was very pleased with what I got for the $$ spent. I took an upper unit. There's a queen bed, couch, table for 4, kitchenette and views to die for. I left the sliding glass door open at night so I could listen to the surf as I feel asleep. It's so dark at night all you can see is black and then a wick flash of a warning light out on an isle. The places are VERY clean. If you have kids that are a bit older rent out the upstairs and downstairs of one unit, you'll find that to be ideal. There are no television sets (yay). Wi-fi is available and, for the most part, is very good. I did visit the other ace briefly . If you're traveling as a party of two, romantically, I'd definitely stay there. It's very nice indeed. But, for me, this place was perfect. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Jad16

998 - 1,004 of 1,258 reviews

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The view is amazing, the beach is beautiful and the cabins are clean, cozy and very efficient. The 2 bedroom cabin was perfect for our family of four adults and a baby on a mid-week west coast get away! Although the pool and hot tub were closed for work while we were there that did not impact our visit. The staff were helpful and accommodating. There were several restaurants within walking distance and the kitchen was well equipped for cooking. Can't wait to go back to Ocean Village at Mackenzie Beach

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2014

What a great place. Nothing elaborate but clean and accommodating especially with our 85lb dog.
Quiet enough that you can hear the rainfall and the sounds of the incoming surf. There is usually a swimming pool and hot tub but under repair during out visit but were advised of this when we called. Great winter specials available and lots of other beaches and places to eat for any type of food you like and places to explore. Make sure you bring plenty of different types of clothing as the weather is changeable and if you like to eat in then the in room kitchenette in the appropriate units is adequate with dishes and utensils. No TV, limited internet access etc but why are you dealing with all that when you have this amazing area to explore and a great comfortable place to come back to at night. Warm and rustically charming. A great place to make forever memories. Front desk and other staff all very helpful and informative.

Room Tip: Beach front cabins are great but you do get a lot of activity going by all the time so if you want m...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandgrouper
Reviewed 30 January 2014

These little cabins are so neat, and the beach is beautiful. This is truly a weekend away from our normal technology filled life at home and something that we should all make an effort to experience everyone now and then.

There was no TV, etc. We explored the beach and nearby restaurants, played card and board games, enjoyed the hot tub and totally relaxed in this little piece of heaven we are so lucky to have here on Vancouver Island.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah V
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I grew up on the Island, yet before this trip I had only been to Tofino once (I know - shame!). Taking advantage of low winter rates, we were lucky enough to hit a beautiful, sunny weekend in March.

The cabin was amazing. We chose the top floor (BEST!), which had an A-frame ceiling, small kitchenette, comfortable bed (and pull-out couch if you've got more than two guests!), beautiful view of the dog-friendly Mackenzie beach, and SERENITY! We spent one night cooking dinner in the cabin and both mornings having eggs and fresh bed (from the local grocer) while the sunlight poured through the windows. This is an absolutely gem, and it's no wonder people keep coming back. We will definitely be back.

Kudos as well to the locally-sourced, environmentally friendly shampoo and bath amenities!

Room Tip: Try for a top floor in one of the cabins!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My husband and I spent a wonderful 3 days/2 nights to get away from the hectic Christmas period. It was absolutely spectacular. We had a very clean, well appointed and cozy cabin with a gas fireplace mere steps from Mackenzie beach. Our two dogs were welcomed without restriction and the beach is a leash free zone which was absolutely wonderful for them. The full kitchen allowed us to bring our own groceries and wine which was a welcome change from restaurant food. Hot water is always available with excellent water pressure and the resort provides shampoo, conditioner and body wash from a local supplier called "Sea Wench". Absolutely fell in love with it and picked up the full complement of products from a local store in Tofino. There is an indoor pool/hot tub building but we didn't take advantage this time. Have already booked for May so will use it then. What made our stay spectacular however was the fantastic view. We were very lucky to have had a spectacularly sunny weekend and an unimpeded view of the most breathtaking sunsets!
It was an exceptionally peaceful weekend. There is no television in the cabin but free wifi is available and the reception was good. It does slow down a bit during peak hours but it wasn't that much of an issue. The staff was friendly and attentive but not intrusive. If you were in your cabin when they came around to clean they asked if you wanted service or not and left you towels or anything else you needed if you didn't want the full cleaning. All in all, first rate service and location!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monica P
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I came here in November to do some storm watching with my bf. This place is right on the beach and is incredibly peaceful. The cabin we stayed in was steps away from the quiet beqch and had a full kitchen with dishes and pots. It was very clean as was the rest of the resort. The pool and hot tub was nice too. I will definitely be back!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends