“Wonderful Spring Break at a wonderful location”

Ocean Village Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My family and I had a wonderful time there during spring break and The Whale Festival. We rented the top floor where they do not allow dogs. A good option for us as our daughter is allergic. The room is as advertised, cozy and quaint. The fridge is a bit small so be prepared to eat simply and not have any left overs. The cottages are steps away from the beach and ocean. Great for the kids who enjoyed looking for sea shells and embracing nature as it was intended. On a clear night the sky is littered with stars. The location is also a few minutes drive to downtown and 20 minutes to the nearest hiking trails that range in difficulty. The sound of the ocean is the most amazing sound you can hear. We miss it. Come prepared as the temperature varies. It can be extremely windy one day and peaceful the next after a down pour. The staff were very friendly and helpful when we required their services. My only complaint is that we had to leave.

Room Tip: If you want a dog free room, rent upstairs.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Arrived without a reservation, was met by a efficient staff member who offered us the key to take a look at our potential room before booking it. (Try before you buy..love it!!)

As it was already 6:30pm we snapped up our Studio room and was pleasantly surprised. Clean (apart from the used earplugs I saw under the sofa...ewww) comfortable, cozy room, with a stunning view of the beach.
The only draw back I found apart from the bed which was as hard as a rock was with the studio rooms you might want to request that you don't have a family beneath you, as with these rooms you share a unit over '2 levels'.
We were lucky enough to have a family with kids having a skipping contest beneath us until at least 10:30 pm at night, opening and closing the ranch slider door for hours and sitting outside their room chit chatting,could be a real annoyance for some people, just be aware of it when booking.

The property looks nicely maintained, the beach is wide and clean, there is a large amount of grass for kids to play on and picnic tables to enjoy.
Several little fires on the beach burning at night..lovely. I didn't use the swimming pool but had a quick look and it looks great.
I was on a overnight trip this time with my husband however I would definitely come back here with my younger kids, the only thing that would stop me is the price.
Summer months the 1 bedrooms are $309+taxes a night, and although they have a superb view it seems a little pricey for me for cabin style accommodation.
Love that there is no TV, and actually enjoyed that we couldn't get the limited WIFI to work, listening to the pounding waves all night...relaxing.

Room Tip: Studio rooms are in a unit that have two levels and noise does carry, Be aware of this when booking.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kylie C
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Arrived late afternoon not sure what we might find as the price seemed reasonable. Drove in and the first thing you see past the office is the ocean and beach. Very cool property. The buildings are unique, showing a bit of age but absolutely clean. The view from our unit #7 is spectacular. Cozy and clean without a TV. Absolutely lovely. We're only here one night but wish it were more.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harold W
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely wooden lodges on the beach with to die for views . Every part of this break was great and we even had the weather. Will definitely stay their again and strongly recommend .fantastic value for the price . Thank you ocean village

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kammy2003
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I decided to take a break from skiing to visit Tofino. I chose this place because it was half the cost of the Wickannish inn (sorry about spelling but I'm sure you know where). I was very pleased with what I got for the $$ spent. I took an upper unit. There's a queen bed, couch, table for 4, kitchenette and views to die for. I left the sliding glass door open at night so I could listen to the surf as I feel asleep. It's so dark at night all you can see is black and then a wick flash of a warning light out on an isle. The places are VERY clean. If you have kids that are a bit older rent out the upstairs and downstairs of one unit, you'll find that to be ideal. There are no television sets (yay). Wi-fi is available and, for the most part, is very good. I did visit the other ace briefly . If you're traveling as a party of two, romantically, I'd definitely stay there. It's very nice indeed. But, for me, this place was perfect. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Jad16
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The view is amazing, the beach is beautiful and the cabins are clean, cozy and very efficient. The 2 bedroom cabin was perfect for our family of four adults and a baby on a mid-week west coast get away! Although the pool and hot tub were closed for work while we were there that did not impact our visit. The staff were helpful and accommodating. There were several restaurants within walking distance and the kitchen was well equipped for cooking. Can't wait to go back to Ocean Village at Mackenzie Beach

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2014

What a great place. Nothing elaborate but clean and accommodating especially with our 85lb dog.
Quiet enough that you can hear the rainfall and the sounds of the incoming surf. There is usually a swimming pool and hot tub but under repair during out visit but were advised of this when we called. Great winter specials available and lots of other beaches and places to eat for any type of food you like and places to explore. Make sure you bring plenty of different types of clothing as the weather is changeable and if you like to eat in then the in room kitchenette in the appropriate units is adequate with dishes and utensils. No TV, limited internet access etc but why are you dealing with all that when you have this amazing area to explore and a great comfortable place to come back to at night. Warm and rustically charming. A great place to make forever memories. Front desk and other staff all very helpful and informative.

Room Tip: Beach front cabins are great but you do get a lot of activity going by all the time so if you want m...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple