Free cancellation until 22/07
Travelocity
Agoda.com
Paddlers Inn(Tofino)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
1,394 results
All reviewspool and hot tublower studiosecond rowcozy cabinsbedroom cabinbbq areathe kitchenclose to townan amazing viewa wonderful staybeautiful locationlong weekendstorm watchingvancouver islanddogoceanwench
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We would recommend the ocean village beach resort in Tofino, if you are looking for a relaxing get away. We stayed for 2 nights just after Christmas in one of the upper studio apartments. The views were great and location perfectly situated on the beach.
The room was very cozy and it was great to have a fully equipped kitchette for all our needs. There were plenty of towels soap etc in the bathroom, basically everything you would need for a short or longer stay.
This is the first time we have been to Tofino and although it was winter, we had brilliant sunny days, so we took advantage of the many pictureseque walks nearby. We will definitely go back in the summer for surfing, whale and bear watching.

Reviewed January 5, 2011

The view from the beach cabins are mesmerizing. The cabins are no frills and very comfortable. It's great to be able to do home cooked meals and eat while looking out at the surf and it's an easy walk to the surf store AND the chocolate store. And an internet cafe. I loved being there..cozy, rustic, beachfront inexpensive bliss. I look forward to going back.

Reviewed January 4, 2011

A Living Social Voucher was purchased a week ago for this property. That gave about 50% off the room rate. There were blackout dates, but before buying the voucher I saw that there was sufficient vacancy to purchase for the Studio Room that was the room type listed for the voucher.

After purchase I sent an email direct to hotel, as several phone calls were not answered. No reply was sent from voice messages left. The next day the voucher was final and I emailed the email listed for voucher reservations. This email bounced back. I have sent several emails, only for them to bounce back. I have called, contacted living social to no avail. Living Social states that all should be fine with the email listed. No, emails still bouncing and calls not answered.

Calling Living Social they assure me that Ocean Village Beach Resort is answering the phone. That is not true. Ocean Village Beach Resort is a SCAM. The operators are obviously looking for a quick cash infusion, then put the brakes on honoring the vouchers purchased. Why do I say that? Well, today I see that all weekends are blocked and many other days. This is not a viable or honest way to do business.
These are scam tactics.

What makes this worse is that the stay was a gift, and it cannot be booked!

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bad_kelpie
Shanejon, Manager at Ocean Village Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2011

BK,
I am deeply sorry you have had difficult time contacting us here at Ocean Village.
I assure you this is not a scam and our only intention with Living Social was to share Tofino's beauty with more of the world.
We have been in business for more than 35 years. Over those 35 years Ocean Village has hosted guests returning 10-20 even 30 times. That is evidence of our character and honesty not the frustration you have experienced.
I understand your frustration considering your inability to get a response, but I assure we are not being deceitful.
Living Social published an incorrect email and we notified them as soon as we became aware. Unfortunately, as a result of this we were unable to see emails from people interested in booking like yourself.
We would have reached out to the purchasers but we are not provided any contact information from Living Social.
We are doing our best to get through each and every email we receive.
I have personally been involved with the front office staff to ensure that messages & emails are being returned.
If you don't feel that you are being responded to in a timely fashion, please email me directly - my email is shane@oceanvillageresort.com
Again I apologize you have had some problems with your booking process.
Rest assure, I will ensure that your concerns are looked after.
Sincerely yours,
Shane Richards
Manager

Reviewed December 26, 2010

We booked our room a month in advance and I couldn't believe we had a room with a kitchenette right on the beach for under $100 a night. We cooked every meal in house so we saved money in that respect as well. The view of Mackenzie beach cannot be beat, we saw a beautiful sunset and some giant waves crashing on the rocks in front of the cabin. The value is incredible and the staff were very nice and helpful. The studio cottages are the perfect romantic getaway for two!

Reviewed December 7, 2010

The cottages on the beach were amazing, you cannot beat this location in Tofino. Rooms were very clean and having access to a pool and hot tub was nice to warm up in after a walk along the beach. We loved our trip and would stay at OVBR if we ever get to come back.