All reviews rocky beach studio room adirondack chairs nice balcony watch the sun the sofa bed an amazing view mini fridge view from the balcony on the rocks upper floor long weekend downtown tofino living area beautiful location bald eagles stayed for nights
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We have stayed at this motel before, and always have enjoyed our stay. It is definitely worth the $89.00 (plus tax) per night we payed for the" special", considering that all accomodation in Tofino is relatively expensive.
We stayed in a suite with kitchenette, which was well equipped and functional. The bathroom was clean, and the shower worked well. There was a deep tub as well. The suite was warm and the teperature was easy to control. The bed was very comfortable, the lighting was good, the radio worked, and the flat screen T.V. with cable was good too. We enjoy the feel of being in the rainforest, with a small pebble cove at the base of some (steep) wooden stairs, but at the same time being only a block or two from the main part of the village with stores, restaurants, boat docks, etc.
The staff were all friendly, as was the dog in the office.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

the location is great but are major renovations needed for the suites and cabins.
the price reflects the location not the amenities.
But... who is complaining when you visit one of the most beautiful places on the westcoast!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Yes - we booked a last minute trip over a long weekend - and we did pay a high high price for it. Given the costs, I was expecting the property to be a bit more 'cared for'. The view is tremendous and the beds were good. However, when making the booking (as we were self catering) we expected a BBQ. When we got there we were told the BBQ was stolen - we would have to share from the communal kitchen. This may not have been a big deal - however there were about 40 stairs between the cabin and the kitchen. This resort could be great - it needs better cleaning and maintenance.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Duffin Cove Resort was the pick of the proverbial dart at the map. We had no idea what it was like, or what any place in Tofino was like for that matter, and I can tell you, for what we were looking for, it couldn't have been any better.

It is a beautiful, peaceful place to enjoy the beauty of Vancouver Island. Its close (walkable) to the center of town with food, groceries, harbour, etc.

Our favorite part were sitting in the homemade by the owner Adirondack chairs and watching the sun rise and set and the tide ebb and flow.

When the tide was out the kids would run down and scramble among the rocks and tide pools.

The owners were always walking around, saying hello, and even giving advice on where to get the best crabs to boil on the pot or toss on the grill they provided.

Now, with this glowing review you must wonder why I did not give it 5 of 5 stars, well, simply because I want people reading this review to know what it is. It is not the Ritz, it is not a luxury accommodation where you have your bed turned down with a pillow or gourmet food. What it is was perfect for us. A clean, beautiful location that afforded us seclusion, but access; quiet, but activity; and peace without boredom.

Room Tip: Get the rooms up top by the chairs or, even better one of the two cabins down my the water! (see the pic)
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I should clarify my stance on things before proceeding. I recognize that you get what you pay for. This is one of the more affordable hotels in the area, and happened to be one of the few with vacancy at our time of booking. I didn't need anything fancy or luxurious, but I do ask that a place be clean. Our room had probably the best view of any in the place, overlooking the bay. We happened to be there on a rare HOT weekend, which I understand doesn't occur often in Tofino. This was bittersweet, as our room had no A/C, fan, or even a screen for the sliding patio door. This meant two nights of choosing either to cook in a sauna, or get eaten alive by a million mosquitoes. The carpet and bed covers were dated and did not give an aura of cleanliness. The tub did not drain well at all, meaning you were left ankle deep in your own filth while showering. There were a few critters in our room that we had to take care of as well. The man who ran the front desk, who I think was likely the owner, was very friendly and easy going-- I have no complaints about his service. I just feel like the upkeep of the place could stand to improve. Next time I think I will spend the extra money to ensure a cleaner hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple